Hitting things with the FEL

/ Hitting things with the FEL #1  

ChrisR

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
Hi

Is anybody going to own up to accidently hitting things with their FEL ?

I managed to cause $1,200 to my 2 mth old Nissan Patrol, by reversing and turning while only looking behind, and ramming the loader (L35) into the rear offside of my car, which was parked next to the tractor !@!!!, and today while cutting grass by towed mower I was doing the strip next to the fence and I glanced behind for just a second and the loader caught the fence and pulled over 6 posts and severely stretched the wire!!! is it just me or do other people have "mishaps",

please share ......

/ Hitting things with the FEL #2  
Chris,
Yes I've made my share of mistakes when I was younger. A little more exp. now and I don't make quite as many, but still do once in awhile. Don't feel bad you're not alone.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Hitting things with the FEL #3  
Naw, Chris, I'd never do anything like that . . . . well, not very often anyway./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif So far, no damage to anything other than tree bark, a couple of fence posts, and a slightly bent metal work table frame./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Hitting things with the FEL #4  
Oh yeah... the fence around our garden has been christened plenty of times. Trees, the wifes flower beds (never mention this to the wives - blame it on the dog, kids, vandalism, etc.), gouges in the grass... All minor so far, nothing expensive (yet!!).

I have taken the position that if the loader is not to be used, off it comes!!! Since I have a JD 4100, the removal/attachment of the loader is a matter of a few minutes. Takes longer to mount the MMM than the FEL!!

/ Hitting things with the FEL #5  
Chris, I haven't got a clue what your talking about. I have never hit anything with the loader except maybe a metal building, stucco wall, block wall, removed a tree, sprinklers, broke a 6" pipe, and this list doesn't include the "oh man am I lucky I didn't hit" that episodes as well. Now when I see someone else on the loader at work I have to cross my fingers and hope for the best. Its amazing what the bucket can do to non steel items! Rat...

/ Hitting things with the FEL #6  
Well, i have had the bucket hook"reach out and grab" the ol goat and sheep fence a few times.Kinda hurts yer feelings after the 3rd or 43rd time!I sure hope my dues are paid up for a good long while.

/ Hitting things with the FEL #7  
My Favorite target seems to be the corner of the barn. I have smacked that thing several times, backing out and trying make a quick turn. I also found a top rail of a fence and an ocassional fence post when mowing. (I leave the FEL on).

Gary.

/ Hitting things with the FEL #8  
Chris
2 Garage doors. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
4 Fence post. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
5 Trees. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif
1 Trailer. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif
3 Dents in metal barn. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
3 Scratches in cement blocks of barn. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
I’m sure there are more things. But anything that adds up to more than 5 I don’t count. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Hitting things with the FEL #9  
Worst part is that damn telltale orange paint it leaves behind. I tried to ignore a couple of spots (deck railing and support posts on carport) but right away my girlfriend noticed. That orange is like taking day glow paint and spraying the area to attract attention. Gheesh!!!
Dr Dan

/ Hitting things with the FEL #10  
When I had ol' Grumpy, I never hit a thing with the FEL! Of course when the reverse gears were out, and I rolled it down the driveway backwards (gravity-flow!), I did have to replace the Pagoda mailbox....twice! Of course that wasn't a 'thing', It was the MAILBOX, and my spouse would except no other, than another $169+tax ^%$#@*& mailbox! What's wrong with the cheap ones?
p.s. - those two mailboxes cost $100 bucks more than the repair did!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 08/19/01 10:19 PM (server time).</FONT></P>