How is retirement treating you??????

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
The other post about winning the lottery has been interesting, however, in reality, how is retirement treating you? Are you getting from your pension what you had been promised? Here is a good article to read before answering. read about pensions here......

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you getting from your pension what you had been promised? )</font>

Yes, I am, as far as the monthly cash amount. But I am not getting anywhere near the health insurance coverage that was promised.

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #3  
I'll let you know in 15 - 20 years. I know it is going to be mostly up to me to provide most of my own resources and I started saving for retirement when I was 23. Not too many generous pensions out there any more and who knows what is going to happen to Social Security. I'll just keep maxing out the 401K every time the limit increases, keep paying down the mortgage till its gone, having fun in the mean time and see what happens when I enter the hallowed halls of geezerdom.

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #4  
I officially retired October 1 last year. Having read similar articles about pension shortfalls and other problems, I took a buyout and rolled over my 401K into investments. Glad I was in a position for the buyout. So far, I have made good decisions on how to keep the money in my possession. Who knows what the future will bring. However, at this time I am doing better than I thought I would. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #5  
My pension is everything and more that I excepted. My medical ins is good also. Best job that I ever had.

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #6  
I'll have to get back to you on this one Junk. Having just retired 20 days ago, I don't feel qualified to answer that question properly.

As long as everything comes through the way it is intended, I'll have no complaints. We have a solid retirement package through the state, and I really can't beat my health insurance plan. Well, I guess I could if I didn't have to pay anything into it. But after seeing what a lot of other people are paying for their health insurance, I am definitely NOT complaining! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #7  
Junkman

What Enron did to their employees in one fell swoop, other companies are doing on a long term basis. American workers are the hardest working group in the world and it seems that the brass ring just keeps getting further and further away.

I have neighbors that are recent immigrants from Europe. They tell me that they are amazed at how much Americans work.

The worker is the one fueling the economy. If their prospects for the future darken, the worm will turn.

RonL

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #8  
<font color="blue"> Well, I guess I could if I did not have to pay anything into it. </font>
I have to pay into my health care also. Being around many auto company employees they always bring up that they do not have too much. I think that is going to change in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #9  
Pension plan is delivering all promised. Excellent heath - dental benifits.

Course the dollar value of my yearly income is down by 50k so a few " minor " life style adjustments have been in order.

/ How is retirement treating you?????? #10  
My companies pension plan just semi-dissolved itself. We are on that listing you provided.

I get what I have and that is it. Luck would have it that many, many years ago I followed what happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon's pensioneers. I saw that as a trend that would allow other companies the same course. It seems, unfortunately so, that more companies will seek to "offer" pension alternatives.

We tooks steps to make the most out of not relying on others to provide for our "retirement". That includes SS and any "pension" plan.

Time will tell if those were right moves..... but I am not worried about it as I am having too much fun, right now.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif