Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

Default Tow bar for RV to tow car

My friend just bought an RV with a class C hitch. He's looking for a tow bar to tow his 1999 Honda Civic LX. So far prices for new have been about $1000. Does anyone know of a source for a reasonable used one?

Rich

Default Re: Tow bar for RV to tow car

Wow, Rich, sure seems high to me. Tell him to check directly with the manufacturers or Camping World. Half that price should get him as fine a tow bar set up as you could ask for. Let's see if this link will take you directly to the type I used when we were full timers http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...7&skunum=14909

Bird

Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

Thanks, Bird! I kind of figured you'd be the one to answer this. That's a great link, and he's probably going to buy his tow bar from Camping World. It's worth it to join since you get a 10% discount on everything.

Thanks, again,

Rich

Rich, I (and my brothers) were members of their "President's Club" for quite a few years and have ordered lots of stuff from them. One brother then worked for them for a few years. I don't know how new your friend is to this, but if he's close enough to one of their stores, let them do the installation. They install what they sell and do it cheaper than anywhere else I know of. And a couple of other things I liked about them was a true "satisfaction guaranteed" money back policy, and the fact that they have no objection to you going into the shop and watching their service personnel work on your equipment (unless any of their policies have changed in the last 5 years). I suppose your friend has also considered what he is going to do about tail/turn signal/brake lights on the car when he's towing it; usually simple enough but there are some alternatives, and it can be a bit complicated if you're not familiar with electrical work.

Bird