Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

Default It\'s not fair

here I set at my desk job and they are clearing land right outside my window. got all kinds of big toys running and I have to WORK!

Veteran Member

Default Re: It\'s not fair

Lunch time is coming. Head on out!!!

That happened to me a few years back in a grand scale. I was at a several day meeting. The conference room we were at was facing the construction of Paul Brown Stadium (Bengal's stadium in Cincinnati). It was funny. All the males took (actually grabbed) all the seats facing the windows. I'm pretty sure most of us spend most of the time daydreaming. Lots of REAL BIG equipment was being used.

Brian

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

now the roller is sharking the building

Tractor
    Power Trac PT-425 / Branson 3520

<font color="blue"> "now the roller is sharking the building" </font>

At first I thought that was a typo, then I saw that you are in Florida. Close to the beach, I guess? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Chucko...

I had thought that all land was already cleared in Florida. I guess they are moving onto already developed properties now? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Mike Z.
    SNL - Land Shark! Who remembers THAT? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 2440/4440/4020/4955

New condo's being built across the street from my office.... There's an American 200 ton crane setting structural steel right now. I guess I could always pick up my house and move it every so often........

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

There is a place beside us that makes those brick pavers. I guess "clearing the land" was not the right term

They plowed under the weeds with a big JD and plow. they now are using two pans to level
    then a roller too compact the sand. They will then pave it with the pavers they make
    also diging a retention pond..... Hope I can use it to rase catfish

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

A few years ago when I worked hi-tech, for the company who probably made the microprocesser in your PC, we had the opposite problem. We couldn't work, because they had equipment out cutting the pad for a new four story building on the site.

The area we worked in had been carefully studied before our lab was built. Scanning Electron microscopes like vibration and electrical noise free areas for thier installation.

Everything was great for a year or so, till they started cutting the pad for the new building just a few hundred feet away. It is amazing how bad that vibration made things in that poor SEM column, even though it had a pretty good vibration isolation system of its own.

The site czar's would not allow our work to slow down thier building, so all SEM work moved to after hours.

Even worse, was when they were finishing the new building... It had an electrical control area, and an elevator in the corner nearest our lab. Did the site guys do any analysis to see if they would affect any other operations when they designed the building and infrastructure??? No.....

Our lab was only a couple years old, and had cost major money to set up. The site Czar had to fess up to build a new lab in another area that our building that was vibration and electrically clean. Major dollars wasted! If they would have just done a survey of what was in the existing building, it would have been sooooo much better.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    bx1800

last time they did this type work next door here. it should apart a fire sprinkler line and want ran all weekend in out eng. office... That was fun [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]