Cell Phone Telemarketers

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
I've found that a lot of people do not know that in less than a month, telemarketers will be given access to cell phone numbers. You may very well receive telemarketing calls on your cell phone, and yes, it will cost against your minutes!

If you have not registered, here is where you can go online and register www.donotcall.gov

Once you have registered, your phone number registration will be effective for 5 years. It will be illegal for most telemarketers to call you, and you will be able to file a complaint if a telemarketer does call you. The website www.donotcall.gov provides information about filing a complaint.

When you go to register at the website, you get an email in a few minutes that you must click to complete your registration of being on the do not call list. If you've already heard of this and have registered, great. I just thought I'd post this in case some on here may not have known that cell phones will be fair game for telemarketers.

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #2  
Yeah, I've registered, but, I'm skeptical that as the database builds, it's value does too, and eventually will be sold. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="red">Government or Not!</font> /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Me, I'd much rather have the ability on my telephone to block any number not in my contact list. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #3  
I've also registered, but I wonder if this will be effective when those jobs are outsourced to India or someplace like that.

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #4  
I was thinking India will not want it and outcource it to China (cheaper too).

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #5  
Not yet on our cells, but out old land line (Verizon) was bad. I filled out the do not call deal when it first came in out MA. Did ZERO and people can still call (telemarkers) just not telling you selling you something or for a stupid survey etc etc.

I changed to Vonage and now zero! Just the way I like it. Finally peace from the darn phone! I hate them things. I do not know what is worse telemarkers of Vonage CS.

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #6  
My home phone is registered. Just added my 3 cell phones. Thanks for the heads up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The Telemarketers have dropped off to almost nothing since the Do Not Call List started. When one does call I ask who they are. Then give them A !#$*%&!! speech. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seems to work. They don't call back. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #7  
Yeah. I was a little skeptical of the no call list when it started. But I can't remember the last time we got a telemarketer call. Has been great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've also registered, but I wonder if this will be effective when those jobs are outsourced to India or someplace like that.)</font>

Roy,
Government won't outsource the jobs, but they will raise your taxes to CYA. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I think the worst thing is to have the <font color="red">telemarketers outsource to India or some other place where they speak such poor english</font> that really wastes your time and their time as you try to tell them to bug off! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

"soory sur, I don und stand" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers #9  
According to SNOPES Urban Legend Page this is not totally true.

Looks pretty involved but it seems cell companies want to create a cll phone directory. But is an "opt in" service ie, you need to sign up to be included. Signing up for the do not call list is not necessary as the list does not yet exist.

Phil

/ Cell Phone Telemarketers
I would be skeptical as well, but since I've been on Indiana'a "no call" list for nearly 3 years now, I've not had a single telemarketer call. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif With any hope, this national "no call" will work the same. I really do think that this cell phone "no call" list will work. Just imagine this court scene: a single mother who has a cell phone so she can be available for any emergency with her kids. Now this single mother is in court because she can't afford to keep her cell phone because telemarketers keep using up the precious few minutes she can afford, so she has to drop her cell phone. Now imagine that something happened to one of her kids and she could not be contacted because she had to drop her cell phone because of telemarketing calls used up all of her time.

I am related to, and am good friends with, several attorneys. I hear their way of thinking nearly every day. With their take on this, I can see the national cell phone "no call" list having some teeth to it. No big deal. I just thought I'd pass on the information. If it helps anyone; great! If you've already heard about it, or chose not to use it, no problem at all; just trying to alert some who may not know that telemarketers will be getting our cell numbers and that there is a mechanism in place to try to prevent calls.