Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine....

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
Please substitute any brand name below for what ever brand name that you would like to insert. The brand names have been left out to protect the innocent, as well as the guilty..

I have noticed that when a ABC tractor owner says something bad about his own brand, it is constructive criticism. When a XYZ tractor owner repeats this same comment then it is brand bashing. When a ABC tractor owner points out a problem with a ABC tractor, and the XYZ tractor owner repeats the same comment, he is wrong and the ABC tractor owner is right. It is no longer what is said, but who it is said by that determines whether it is bashing or fact. Seems to me that this is the present problem at TBN. Ninety percent of TBN is opinion, but when your opinion differs with another's opinion of a tractor, you are bashing, unless you own that brand of tractor. In essence, it is OK to have an opinion, either negative or positive of your own brand, but not for the owner a different brand to repeat your negative opinions or statements in another post or thread. It also seems that some tractor brand owners are more sensitive to this phenomena than others. They are willing to scream from the mountain tops all the great things about their tractors in the other brand forums, but when you visit their own tractor brand forums, you see many problems that are glossed over when they are bragging about their tractors away from home. Only when we get past this "my tractor is better than your tractor" will we finally resolve these problems. Everyone has their favorites..... but that doesn't mean that your favorite should be my favorite. You might like strawberry ice cream and I might hate strawberry ice cream, but that doesn't mean that either one of us is correct.... it is our personal likes that make us all individual..... that is why Howard Johnson introduced 26 different flavors..... so the whole family could enjoy ice cream together, no matter what the flavor......Junk....

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #2  
Junk, You can't expect me to admit that I bought an inferior xyz brand of tractor do ya ? Mine has to be the best!

I am glad someone else sees the "brand loyalty" for what it often is. The old my dogs bigger than your dog syndrome. Of course if the American public realized this and stopped being led by advertisements to buy things they did not need or that one is better because it costs more, etc. The recession would follow. Such a fragile path we are on.

Ben

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #3  
Junkman-

<font color="blue"> ..... that is why Howard Johnson introduced 26 different flavors..... so the whole family could enjoy ice cream together, no matter what the flavor.. </font>

I thought that was Baskin Robbins!

Seriously, you have a valid point. Call it political correctness, hypersensitivity to criticism, etc., but some people are more affected than others. I personally don't care if someone points out the weaknesses of my tractor (in their opinion). Where it crosses the line is when a poster will say something like, "Ha, ha, all you people with xyz tractors are suckers!". I can remember one poster like that recently.

It has been said before, this site has given me more useful, interesting, and humorous material than all of the other boards I have read put together. There may be minor problems from time to time but no other site comes close to this one.

Bonehead

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #4  
Yep! Second that.........

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Junkman-

<font color="blue"> ..... that is why Howard Johnson introduced 26 different flavors..... so the whole family could enjoy ice cream together, no matter what the flavor.. </font>

<font color="green">I thought that was Baskin Robbins!

Bonehead </font> )</font>

Baskin Robins wasn't around till 1945..... Howard Johnson's started in 1925.... 20 years earlier....

History of Howard Johnson....

History of Baskin Robbins.....

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #6  
That may be true Junkman....but Baskin Robbins is better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...Tony

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #7  
Ice cream fight! Throw some my way. Lunch was too long ago. Mayfields is the best anyway.

Chuck

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #8  
I am sure Cold Stone Creamery has the best ice cream. But if you think gas is priced way to high. You will not be happy at this place. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #9  
I am lactose intolerant and offended by the entire concept of a discussion of ice cream parlors.

Moderators, you have been doing a great job of deleting Junkman lately, are you all asleep today?

/ Opinions.... Your Opinions & Mine.... #10  
I'm sorry to hear that. You are missing a great way to gain weight. But then the money for one cup to Cold Stone should be able to buy one gallon of gas even in Chicago. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif