Lawyers, doctors, or guns

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #1  

patrickg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4610HSTC
Consider these statistics.
I've been wondering about the "CRISIS" regarding the number of gun owners and the accidental deaths they cause and stuff like that.

Some things to consider: (all stats are rounded)

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.
Accidental deaths per physician.... 0.171
(U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year: 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least 1 Doctor."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a Public Health Measure I have withheld the statistics
on Lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to
seek medical attention and I don't want to be responsible for their risk of death.

Patrick (looking for his Nomex and Kevlar underwear)

P.S. Question: What is the correct weight for a personal inury lawyer? Answer: About three pounds...

Including the Urn

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #2  
Patrick, your statistics on accidental deaths are interesting. Now, how about posting the number of intentional deaths caused by physicians vs. gun owners. I think that's more relevant to the national debate.

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #3  
Question, how much better off are the people who died accidentally than those killed intentionally?

Maury Jacobs

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns
Glenmac, Do you crave pickles and strawberries? It seems that you took something serious that was poked at you in fun. Remember I am emoticon challenged and you have to determine my level of humor by the context or how outrageous a post may seem. If, however, you want something serious along these lines to condsider, then consider the number of physicians killed by gun owning right to lifers.

Patrick (Warning: I'm back on the road again with my version of "Romel's Revenge) VW powered dune buggy.

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #6  
Patrick, I do like pickles and strawberries, and I did understand it was meant as humorous irony. Nor did I take it personally or even as much of a jab at lawyers. I only meant to point out that if someone did want to use those statistics seriously, there are other statistics that should be looked at, also.

Now, if we were to look at the statistics of annual intentional deaths cased by physicians vs. intentional deaths caused by gun owners, it would essentially boil down to ... well ... Dr. Kevorkian vs. the population of the South Bronx. (He said with his fingers crossed that no tractor owners live there.)

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #7  
Hey Patrick,
My boss e-mailed that post to all of us about a month ago. It's an interesting statistic. Now how many lives a year does the average physician save and how many lives a year does the average gun owner save. You can count gun owner docs like Richard in both catagories to help even the score.

I figure COPs save a lot of lives on average, but I don't know, do they own their guns? Or, can we only count those that own guns other than what they're issued for work?

Anyway, from your statistic I'm due to accidentally kill someone in the next few years. Can I choose who, and does it have to be a patient of mine?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Todd

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #8  
I got me a pot full a guns that aint never hurt anybody.

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #9  
toddler,

As long as the AMA keeps up its crazy position on gun ownership, doctors might as well get use to a little abuse.

What makes a group of doctors think that their opinion on this issue matters? Talk about an organization with a big head..

Fred

/ Lawyers, doctors, or guns #10  
statistics statistics statistics; i like the one about the number of deaths via home swimming pools compared to guns!!
BAN swimming pools, especially before my wife gets serious about wanting one!!!!
heehaw