need to find utility locator 'wand'

/ need to find utility locator 'wand' #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
need to find utility locator \'wand\'

The GC I work at wants to pick up one of those 'units' that the 'no-cuts' or utility locator service people use. They show up.. hop out of their truck.. wave this oversized walking stick looking thing around ont he ground.. where it beeps they mark the paint.. hop in their truck and go.

I've used / seen the 'old' units long ago that telephone and power people used.. and that needed a tone generator on the line.. then had a receiver you walked around with... that's not what we want. We want the 'all-in-one" no tone needed unit. Any idea where to get one?

thanks

Soundguy

/ need to find utility locator 'wand'
Re: need to find utility locator \'wand\'

Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. that gives me a great starting point!

I knew if I asked here, -someone- would know where to start looking.

Soundguy

/ need to find utility locator 'wand' #5  
Re: need to find utility locator \'wand\'

Metal detector? Ours looks like a walking stick and is an all-in-one. I have been told it is pricey.

Be sure to leave your steel toed/shanked boots at home. Even the little metal eyes your laces go through will cause fits.

Accuracy is poor compared to the tone generated ones where you hook onto the line and then trace it.

Remember that old AC water mains and plastic pipes won't be identifiable.