Help with Digital Pics Disc Error!

/ Help with Digital Pics Disc Error! #1  

Jagmandave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1602D
The story so far.............
Went to my best friends wedding last weekend and was talked into being the photographer of record for the event. I took my Sony Mavica Digital camera (CD400) and it worked beautifully. As I was reviewing a few of the shots with a friend on the camera's LCD, I got the fatal disc error message 13:01. I went ahead and formatted another disc and continued to take pics, and all the pics on disc 2 are fine, it's disc one that has a problem, which are all the shots taken of the wedding itself, and the church.
Since then, I think I've been to every disc recovery site on the net, with the same results - no drive I try can "see" the disc. I've tried both my disc drives in my desktop and in my laptop with the same results. I've downloaded 3 different disc recovery programs who claim to be corrrect for recovering photo's and such from CD's or other storage media from digital camera's with the exact same results - the drive says there's no disc in it. Any ideas anyone? I really need and appreciate any/all help!

/ Help with Digital Pics Disc Error! #2  
Is the disk "visible" within your cd burning software on you pc?
Sorry if this is redundant but you didn't specifically say what all you tried to access the disk with.

/ Help with Digital Pics Disc Error!
I've tried my CD/DVD burner, as well as the CD rom, neither will "see" the disc, even running the recovery software which is supposed to "force" it to work.
This is the part I don't undestand. Why can't the drive "see" thye disc? If I put an unformatted or blank disc in, it sees those. What's missing off the disc that it thinks there's no disc in the drive? Can I do something to it to get it to show up?

/ Help with Digital Pics Disc Error! #4  
I am not going to be able to solve your problem. But since you could not "finalize" the CD in the camera, you will probably only be able to see it on a writeable drive, if you ever get to see it at all.