Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences?

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Santa is looking for a list... I came across this ryobi one "works" kit at the Depot for $229 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif You can add other 18V tools list here for reasonable prices -$69 for impact driver, $79 for 3 speed hammer drill, $39 for 2 extra batteries...

Just wondering how well Ryobi's hold up - seems to be about 1/3 the cost of the pro tools - Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee etc. I'd have a hard time spending $600 /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif for these kits since I already have a corded circ saw, sawzall, & jigsaw.

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #2  
you may want to check out HD's Rigid line...a friend told me they now have a lifetime warranty on the batteries.

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I came across this ryobi one "works" kit at the Depot for $229 )</font>

That does look like a nice "gift". Tell the wife that Santa wanted you to have one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #4  
Haz,

I bought one of the earlier combo kits (actually first bought a drill then bought the kit with drill, circular saw, recipricating saw and flash light). The first drill is about 5 years old and the kit is about 4. All tools still working very well.

My cousin has the Dewalt version. There is a difference in power between Dewalt and Ryobi. It's not a drastic difference, but you can tell the Dewalt has more power. I also believe the Dewalt circular saw is 1/2 inch bigger than the Ryobi. That being said--I have been very happy with the Ryobi. The batteries and tools themselves have held up well.

If I went head to head with my cousin--the Dewalt (and I'm sure some of their pricier counterparts) will out saw, out drill and generally outperform the Ryobi. But for me the Ryobi has done all that I have asked. If I were in the trades--I would make my living with one of the more expensive brands. However for my weekend projects--the Ryobi works very well.

Hope this helps.

Bob

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #5  
I have 2 of the ryobi 18 volt drills........The first is 4 years old & still going strong on its original batteries. (although the keyless chuck is about worn out). I liked it so well, I just bought another drill kit ( on sale now for $79 at HD) . The old one will get sent home for honey-do projects & I'll start over with the new one at the shop. Overall I'm very satisfied with mine.............

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #6  
I had there drill and worked way better then my dewalt (that went into the trash)....
Royi worked good for 5 years. Now I tossed it since the batteries are a joke to buy.

I now have a new Hitachi 14v.

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #7  
I hope I don't get 'drilled' for this, since you didn't ask, but the Sears Craftsman sets are probably on about the same quality level as Riobi. I have both. I replaced my 14.4 volt Riobi combo set with the Craftsman 18V set last year. The Riobi stuff is still working after 5 years although it seems that one of the batteries just took a turn for the worse...it doesn't seem to want to charge anymore. I will replace the battery cuz you just have to have two of them, as any weekend warrior knows. As far as the Craftsman stuff goes...Sears always runs some pretty good sales on them around Christmas time, which is when I bought mine last year. For $189 I got the drill, circular saw, recipricating saw and flashlight.

...Tony

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Royi worked good for 5 years. Now I tossed it since the batteries are a joke to buy.

)</font> Can I have it ??.........I gotta lotta batteries.............

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #9  
I got one of the Ryobi kits last Christmas. It has the drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, light, vac, and 2 batteries. I also bought the combo stapler/brad nailer. Have not used them a great deal, but they have worked great when I have.

/ Ryobi Cordless Tool Experiences? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can I have it ??.........I gotta lotta batteries............)</font>

Sorry ..1-month to late...So far the Hitachi was a good deal

This is the drill I bought. It is not the best by far, but I like imports for some odd reason

DRILL

You would like all the cells for my R/c heli I bet! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif