The Endless Rain............

/ The Endless Rain............ #1  

JimMorrissey

Veteran Member
Tractor
'05/'06 L39 TLB
I can't believe it's raining agian! It has been raining for nearly two weeks. Every time I try to do anything outside, I have to run for cover and put the machine away, or not go out at all. I've got so much to do before the snow and I can't get anything done! The weather is finally suppose to brake by Wednesday. I've seen enough rain for the next few months or more. My property is a swamp.

I feel for the families in NH and VT who lost everything to the floods. I guess I can't complain too much.

/ The Endless Rain............ #2  
I wish you could send some of that rain our way, we are still in a drought in our area with no relief in sight.

/ The Endless Rain............ #3  
Like Dozernut, sure wish some of that rain had come our way. I'm not sure which is worse; too much or too little (except of course when there are floods and then there's no doubt which is worse).

/ The Endless Rain............ #4  
I spent Friday night into Saturday morning pulling people out of flooded cars. Why people think they can drive through 5 feet of water, I don't know. Got home to find my basement flooded. Fortunately, my wife had the presence of mind to pull boxes of junk out of the water and stack them on my Unisaw, heavy duty shaper, and jointer. Thank God she was able to salvage that box of pipe fittings!

RonL

/ The Endless Rain............ #5  
Unless you have been to my property, you wouldn't know the difference... The lower field flooded first time in 76 years,, Fridays downpour did everyone in... Next to me in the town of Holland, they have lost all main roads in and out, numberous home/vehicle/property damage abounds.,..

Attachments

• 755160-Image004r.jpg
    755160-Image004r.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 178
   / The Endless Rain............ #6  
another

Attachments

• 755161-Image006r.jpg
    755161-Image006r.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 159
   / The Endless Rain............ #7  
last one

Attachments

• 755164-Image010r.jpg
    755164-Image010r.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 151
   / The Endless Rain............ #8  
My family and i went out to eat last night,afterwards we stopped at the ice cream takeout for dessert.In the time we were there the water came over the road...then completely covering it.Kept getting deeper and deeper,fun watching people go through it...the young ones would go fast and make giant waves.Deeper and deeper until one submerged over the hood and stalled out right there
The police came and closed the road.My kids called them party poopers /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifcant think of cheaper redneck entertainment on a saturday night /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
ALAN

/ The Endless Rain............
Wow...Is that the mighty CT River I see in your backyard...nice.