High pressure sales tactics

/ High pressure sales tactics #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
I'm in the final stages of moving. (That should make you show me great pity) Over the weekend, we moved the last of the "heavy stuff". That consisted of a concrete patio table and matching benches, several old concrete flower boxes, and a few odd pieces of furniture. The patio table top weighs in at over 300lbs. NO WAY was I going to heft it up on my gooseneck trailer, nor in the bed of my truck. A quick phone call located a "low" trailer belonging to a friend of a friend.

It is a 16'X82" bed, 2-axle, 7000lb. "car trailer", with one axle having electric brakes (brakes/backing plates just recently replaced), a pair of sturdy ramps, good radial tires, (including a spare), and a new 2X10 treated wood floor. Not a bad little trailer to have around.

So, I go get the trailer, haul the table (and the rest of the "stuff"), then return the trailer. The owner wasn't home when I dropped it off, so I called him to thank him for letting me use it.

"I've been meaning to run an add in the paper to sell that trailer", he said. "If you know of anyone who's interested, I'll take $500". "Hmmmmmmmmm" I said, "I've been wanting a smaller trailer myself". (I actually wanted one a bit smaller yet, to haul a riding mower on, so I can take care of the Mother-In-Laws yard). "Well, I'd sure like to get it out of the yard", he replied, "I'll take $350 today". (Not knowing I was ready to give him $500). "OK", I responded, "I have to finish moving a few things, then I'll be by to get it". If you're not there, where do I need to leave a check"? "Alright, I'll take $250 CASH, and leave it on the seat of my truck" (parked in the driveway).

Now that's high pressure sales if I've ever seen it. How can ANYONE say no to a deal like that.

Now the plan is to make 30" high plywood sides, and use it to haul firewood, limbs, and a load of trash every now and then. Oh yeah, and haul the lawn mower to the MIL's house.

/ High pressure sales tactics #2  
Farm, /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif SA-WEEETT!!

/ High pressure sales tactics #3  
OK OK, I'll give ya a hundred for it, Sheesh!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ High pressure sales tactics #5  
I'll give ya $25 cash and leave the money on your pickup seat. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ High pressure sales tactics #6  
You can just pay me to take it off your hands if you feel the need.. Just give me your bank information (routing and acct #'s), ss#, mothers maiden name, bank card PIN number and/or any other numbers you think are important and Ill take care of getting that money right into my account.. LOL

If you find another trailer for that sort of money, Im sure you could buy it and flip it pretty quick for a small profit..

nice purchase..

/ High pressure sales tactics #8  
And I guess you dont feel one bit bad........heheeeehehhehe. Nice buy! If you had asked to borrow it again, he might have paid you to take it off his hands......OK, maybe not!

/ High pressure sales tactics
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll give ya $25 cash and leave the money on your pickup seat. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

$12.50, and that's my final offer!

/ High pressure sales tactics #10  
How much does he want for his truck?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif