Dysfunctional Ugly Americans...........

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #1  

BubbaJr

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 KUBOTA B2650 w/cab & A/C
Terrorize the UK

I just watched the latest episode of American Chopper last night (recorded on TiVo). If you haven't seen it, the Teutel family took their behavior to England and Scotland, and generally scared the bejeebers out of most everyone they came in contact with.

On behalf of the normal American citizens, I would like the citizens of the UK to know that we are not all like that. I would like to extend my sincere apologies to Mith and all the other UK members of TBN, and also the rest of their fellow countrymen for the despicable behavior displayed by Paul Sr., Jr., and Mikey. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I thought the behavior of the Teutels was a perfect example of where the term "Ugly Americans" came from.

There, I'm done ranting. And to make this tractor-related, I took my Kubota down the driveway with the MMM running yesterday to blow off the leaves. Now I can find the gravel again.

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #2  
Ah didnt notice anything outta place /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #3  
BubbaJr,
I will second your apology. Most of us don't act like that.

I noticed one of the forum rules:
8. Be friendly, courteous and respectful of other members, as well as the entire TBN community.
I don't think they would be welcome on TBN.

I do think they were pretty brave for wearing kilts on motorscooters though.

Mike

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...to make this tractor-related, I took my Kubota down the driveway with the MMM running yesterday to blow off the leaves.)</font>

Sorry,
Not tractor-related enough. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Now, is your TIVO mounted on your tractor? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Did you mount the dishes on the ROPS? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #5  
I used to enjoy the show but the arguments and name calling got way out of hand. As a result we no longer tune in. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #6  
I tried to watch it once, too many gooberheads for my taste.

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #8  
Don't beat yourself up too bad, England has yet to apologize for the punk group, the Sex Pistols, that they banned and set loose on the U.S. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif All countries have their cretins.

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #9  
My problem with the show is they are no tallent hacks that buy everthing they assemble and claim they have created a work of art. The TV promotes it, they put on a show for everyone to prove that no matter how disfunctional your family is they could be worse /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It was funny at first, then got really old quick.

If you want to see real creativity and talent, watch a Jesse James/West Coast Chopper special.

/ Dysfunctional Ugly Americans........... #10  
<font color="blue"> buy everthing they assemble </font>
No offense meant, but this is not true. Yes, they buy some pieces, e.g., front forks and they start with a off the shelf frame, however most of the rest (except the engine) they make. Gas tank, handle bars, wheels, oil tank, pegs, etc. are designed and made in house.

I used to like the show as well, but it's devolved from a show about a making bikes to a soap opera about bike builders. When the series started, I stayed up to watch it. Then I recorded it to watch it later. Now, more often than not, I delete the show without even watching it.