NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #21  
We just happened to be at an auction of a fabric house (we are auction junkies) and picked up 2 large <font color="red">Simplicity Pattern</font> pattern storage units. They are almost 6' tall, 2' deep, and 32" wide with ball bearing drawers and steel dividers front-to-back. One has six drawers and one has eight drawers. Each weighs easily 200 plus pounds.

Now, that you have a picture of the chest....Get this - $25.00 each!

Sometimes, you feel like a thief....... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One is full of fasteners in <font color="blue">Akro-Mils</font> bins, and the other one is full of odd, bulky tools - come-alongs etc.

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #22  
I bought this snap on KRL 1022 roll cab, and the 1201 top chest, and the 1018 docker locker. I keep it and use it in my personal garage and i love it. Its seen a few projects in the past monthes, i'm using it now to restore a 59' rambler that i just picked up.

Attachments

• 779393-DSCN0006 (Medium).JPG
    779393-DSCN0006 (Medium).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 517
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #23  
The wife gave me this for x-mas last year. She didn't buy the roller bottom, so when i saw my neighbor throwing out this cabinet I thought it matched pretty good, made a shelf and used some old castors to make my own roller to house my drill/sawzall/etc. ...
toolbox1.jpg

toolbox3.jpg

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #24  
Well when you asked about tool boxes in your other post , I said I had A HUSKY and a couple craftmans , Here they are /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif the other craftsman is about the same as the in the picture minus the intermediate box...

Attachments

• 782766-toolboxes (600 x 450).jpg
    782766-toolboxes (600 x 450).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 341
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #25  
Here's mine, new and old.......

Attachments

• 782946-Old and New.JPG
    782946-Old and New.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 337
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS
Thats a super nice hd,tony stewart box,MARC.Now hes nascar champ again id bet it could fetch some big bucks.
DAVE,thats a super sharp stainless.What brand is that?
Iam dieing for my new one to get here.I have rearranged my garage.I took my roll away apart,and put it on my xman work bench,plus a friend who knew i was looking for a box,gave me another just like mine,it all looks pretty neat stacked togeather.these drawers are for odds and ends,hardwareetc.The roll away im going to use as a mobile tool cart,so i have a place to set stuff down,instead of losing it under a car hood.then i can bring it back to my storage box when im done.ALL my tools are going in my new big one when it comes in.Right now my tools are all piled up waiting for a new home.ILL post a pic,when i get all set up.

NOW I KNOW ALOT OF MY OTHER FRIENDS ON TBN HAVE VARIOUS PLACES THEY TINKER AND STORE THEIR TOOLS,I SHOWED MY EL CHEOPO BASIC XMAN,DONT BE EMBARRASSED LETS SEE EM.ANYONE GOT ANY NEAT GARAGE GADGET IDEAS?
ALAN

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #27  
I bought the stainless at Costco, about $650. it's well made and looks like it's really going to hold up well - heavy though. I think the box itself weighs close to 700lbs! It's the first really nice box I've ever bought for myself, although I have an old Snap-On top box that I began my mechanican' career with in 1969! It's still like new, too!

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #28  
My workshop / garage box. 2each Rem-Pro roll arounds, 1 SnapOn chest, 1 Craftsman chest all married to a single roll around frame I made. Kinda like moving a semi in the garage at 6' long X 5' tall. SAE tools on left, Metrics on right. Whole rig comes in at 1487 lbs. Don't know who really makes the Rem-Pro box, but good, heavy quality. Got em at auction years ago.

Attachments

• 784305-gar box.jpg
    784305-gar box.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 379
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #29  
My Barn tool boxes. They are a hodge podge of Rem-Pro, StackOn, and something else?? bottom rollarounds, With 2 StackOn top chests (on left) all married together with a roll around frame I made. The Rem-Pro and StackOn top chests (regular chest & machinist chest on top) are in good shape. The 2 bottom chests on right as you can see are stacked, both of those boxes were in pretty sad shape. I reworked them both with many pop-rivets and home made stiffening brackets, bolted on. They ain't much to look at but are sturdy and serviceable now. Again SAE on left, Metrics on right. I call this my Tool Condo Hi-rise. 4'8" long X 5'8" tall , I need a step stool to see in the top machinist drawers, and the top 2 or 3 drawers in the right hand side top box. It looks a lot better when I realize I have about $50 in all the chests & Boxes (less tools) from being patient and buying wisely at auctions. Slipped up on some really great buys. Loaded with full set of tools comes in at 1200 lbs.

Attachments

• 784310-barnbox.jpg
    784310-barnbox.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 319
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS
DULL PAIN, The REM PRO boxs look almost KUBOTA ORANGE /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
thanks for the pix,great idea on how to build a roller stand to make normal width boxs look dbl wide.interesting labeling on the drawers.Is that from a label maker?Ive been writing on mine with a marker,not as good looking though.

KEEP EM COMING,THIS WRENCH HEAD IS A TOOLBOX JUNKEE.Any one got a pic of boxs from a pit crew?
Another question,how do you store your wrenchs neatly in a drawer for quick access?