NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
ITS PROBABLY A WRENCH HEAD THING.... As you folks have read,im tool box huntin.I thought it would be neat to have a thread,where we could display our[or somebody elses] tool storage pics.Ill snap a pic of my old cheapo craftsman tower tommorow,the one i keep tipping over cause its too full,and to tall
ALAN

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #2  
I've got 2 Craftsman boxes almost 6' tall with top, bottom, and middle sections. The 1st one I got as a Christmas present about 32 years ago. The second I got when my Dad past away. Its about 25-30 years old too. They look like heck (Sorry about the mess, I need to clean up and put stuff away) but they still hold tools. Only thing I ever had to do to either set was replace the casters to roll them around and lube the drawer slides.
George

Attachments

• 777635-Tool Boxes.JPG
    777635-Tool Boxes.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 648
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #3  
Once the garage is done it should look like this. I like being really organized.
garage_main.jpg

Then I will stuff a 40" - 50" tool chest combo in the corner like one of these.
Just make sure it has ball bearing drawer slides, it makes a huge difference.

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #4  
Had to have a rollback truck bring home for me when I got a new job. Probably weighs a ton.

Attachments

• 777727-Tool Box.JPG
    777727-Tool Box.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 638
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS
GEORGE: A friend of mines garage is a bit messy,but he knows where every thing is.Mine gets that way ,sometimes when im hurrying,then i spend too much time hunting.nice storage
derek;Thats the neatest ,most organized garage ive ever seen impressive

OK heres mine,its organized,but im searching for a bigger box,im outgrowing this one.I keep tipping this over too tall to narrow.The cans on the shelves are my organized nut and bolt collection.Primitive but organized.When i lay a can down it needs to be refilled next time out to the hardware store.When i get my new box ill post
ALAN

Attachments

• 777728-100_0284 (300 x 225).jpg
    777728-100_0284 (300 x 225).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 631
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #6  
I really like those tools chests, but I'm going to go a different route on my workshop. I like to have everything hanging up in front of my so I can see at a glace what I need, and more importantly, see what's not in it's place.

My ideal layout is a combination of my shop classes in HS. Wood, metal and auto shop all had the tools like this and it was real nice to find what you wanted very quickly. End of class the teacher could see if anything was missing with just a glance.

Thanks for posting the pics,
Eddie

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #7  
Eddie, do you mean kinda like this? Of course this picture only shows a third or less of what was there.

Attachments

• 777765-P1200018 (Small).JPG
    777765-P1200018 (Small).JPG
    80 KB · Views: 639
   / NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #8  
There's no way I could ever get all my tools up on a pegboard like that, the only way to store them is in a box or drawers, I'll have to post mine on Monday, the pic is at work........

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( no way I could ever get all my tools up on a pegboard )</font>

Me, neither. That's the reason I said the picture only shows maybe a third of them. I had two 4' x 8' pegboards, but also had tools laying on top of and on a shelf under two 8' and one 6' workbench, plus some hanging on the walls, plus some on other shelves. But I do prefer having them out where I can see them instead of being in drawers. Of course in some situations a roll away toolbox is almost a necessity.

/ NEW POST... SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS #10  
Here's my stack. Got the top chest when I was in college and added the rest later. I like drawers for mechanics tools but I prefer cabinets for woodworking. Hope to be able to show that later this winter /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 777830-IMG_0851.jpg
    777830-IMG_0851.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 572