Texan's view of the world

/ Texan's view of the world #31  
Re: Texan\'s view of the world

Hmmm, my Dad was from Texas and in the military (WWII) they called him Bud.

I suppose there are parts of California that I would not want to be labled as being of a certain idealogy namely San Francisco or parts of Los Angeles but admittedly, the SF Bay area has got to be one of my favorite geographical locations on the planet. I suppose Texas's Austin would be like a mini SF as far as idealogy goes. I really like the Sonoma/Napa area. I have yet to find a place in the US that is nearly as nice nor so costly to buy a home in. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If you like variety, we have it all. I've been to many of the states in the US and found something to like about them all. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #32  

BUD ?, perhaps had to do with his favorite beverage. i agree with you 100%. it is beautiful around the presidio and i really like san diego. one of my favorite places to motorcycle is northern arkansas and southern missouri. why go anywhere else when we have so much beauty in this country and sooo many tractor dealers. i'm not a native texan either(got here as fast as i could) but have been here 33 years. since your dad was a texan, i guess that makes you not half bad.........Paul

/ Texan's view of the world #33  

Try living in Alaska /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Texas, 261,914 sq. miles, population "around" twenty three million.

Alaska, 570,374 sq. miles, population "around" seven hundred thousand.

See a difference?

Not knocking Texas, great place. Lived in about fourteen states, been to each one in the U.S (a "goal" before I married or died).

Texas has history, no doubt about it. Pride, a great thing and a bad thing.

Life is what you make of it, home is where the heart is.

/ Texan's view of the world #34  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Boring /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We all have stats like that. Highest, lowest, mostest, leastest, biggest and of course bestest )</font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Okay, let's hear them.....

/ Texan's view of the world #35  

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Try living in Alaska /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Texas, 261,914 sq. miles, population "around" twenty three million.

Alaska, 570,374 sq. miles, population "around" seven hundred thousand.

See a difference?

Not knocking Texas, great place. Lived in about fourteen states, been to each one in the U.S (a "goal" before I married or died).

Texas has history, no doubt about it. Pride, a great thing and a bad thing.

Life is what you make of it, home is where the heart is.
)</font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Nothing against Canada, it is being used as a comparasion only since it's our neighbor and it's bigger than the United States.

Canada: 9,093,507 sq km
Population: 32,805,041 (July 2005 est.)

United States: 9,161,923 sq km
Population: 295,734,134 (July 2005 est.)

The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $40,100.

See a difference?

Pride is a good thing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #36  

Uh, Alaska is in the US.
Canadas population is about 32 million
The size of Canada is 3.9 million sq miles second The US (including Alaska) is 3,794,083.06 sq mi.

OK. I"ll bite... heres a few <font color="blue"> Highest, lowest, mostest, leastest, biggest and of course bestest </font>
Mount Whitney (highest)
Death Valley (lowest)
Population (mostest)
Lack of diversity (leastest)
Giant Redwood (biggest)
Yosemite Falls (highest)
Economy (biggest)
Agriculture (biggest)
Bestest is subjective so I'll leave it out.
The list goes on and on and on........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can swallow some pride now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #37  

Yeah but SF cancels some of that out, and Hollywood doesn't help either./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #38  

Rat,

I'm from the Bay Area and can add a few to your list.

California has

Congestion
Horrible Roads
High Crime
Racial Tension
Gang Warfare
Horrible Schools
Rude People
Overpriced Housing
Massive Comutes
Expensive Utilities
Very High Taxes
Taxes are used in a general fund
Taxes are not used for what they are raised for

Texas has these things too like any other state, but it's at a whole different level and the worse is in isolated big cities. It I lived in Dallas for example, I might not feel the same, but out in the country, it's a whole different world.

Eddie

/ Texan's view of the world #39  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Uh, Alaska is in the US.
You can swallow some pride now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Actually, Alaska isn't in the United States, it's an annexiation, kind of like California. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So What's Wrong With California?
http://tinyurl.com/ax7su

Swallowing Texas Pride is like swallowing Honey! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #40  

Thanks Eddie your so nice. I wish everyone would learn that and stop coming here. It surprises me that you being from the Bay area that they would even let you in, there goes the neighborhood. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

California is horrible people, don't come here, go to Texas !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, I'm sorry your life in the Bay area was so horrible and the experiences you had so miserable. Enjoy your slice of heaven now because all indicators show Texas is going to grow by the millions and with that, your life and taxes will surely change, it's inevitable.

I know little about the SF Bay area other then my infrequent visits. Like alll big cities, traffic is a problem. Perhaps a trip to Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston will renew those memories for you. Those two cities are changing in what I would say in a less then stellar way. Perhaps that is why I avoid the big cities and choose to live in the rural areas in the foothills, the specific location I won't divulge for fear others will find my piece of paradise and move in. Suffice it to say, snow skiing and water activities are very close. Two activities I really enjoy.