Texan's view of the world

/ Texan's view of the world #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Texan\'s view of the world

For the Texan's who wanted to put the Lone Star Flag on the totum pole - see attached... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 782968-s view.jpg
    782968-s view.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,022
   / Texan's view of the world #2  
Re: Texan\'s view of the world

i don't see anything abnormal. whats your point?....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #3  

Yep, that looks about right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #4  

I see that the monday morning meeting of the Texican Mutual Admiration Society has been called to order.................

/ Texan's view of the world #5  

Yes we are a bit proud...

A couple of notes,
1) Driving from Houston to San Diego Ca. (yes we have our own San Diego), When you get to El Paso, you are over halfway there.
2)One of the old Spanish or Mexican maps of Texas had the western border following the Rio Grande thru New Mexico and Colorado then heading north encompassing a small part of Wyoming near Laramie and Cheyenne.
3)In the pioneer years, the wild longhorns(introduced by the spaniards) proliferated having no natural enemies. Only bound by rivers. They were very dangerous and are said to have killed many unlucky people.
4)There are many German immigrants/descendants here.
5)Texas A&M suppossedly is located on the largest designated contiguous land grant for any college in the nation.
6)The King ranch is bigger than some states.
7)The influx of illegal aliens is causing a strain on our system too.
8)Because of #7 and other reasons, Texas is really "Taxes" spelled sideways. Our Ad valorem property taxes are really high. The state charges us a percent of the value of our homes and property every year. But, we have no state income taxes. If your home and property is worth $200K your annual tax bill would be about $5000 (Of course if your land is agricultural based the taxes are low).

/ Texan's view of the world #6  

I thought if the US were to split Alayeaska, Alaska into two parts you'd have the third largest state. Is that true?

FWIW I have a long-horn breeder and farm, not 5 minutes from my place. You all seem to influence us in the strangest places.

Thems some mighty interesting looking animals!

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #7  

Kyle,
On Item 8, you don't have income tax in Texas right ? Neither did FL, but they get you on the rest of the taxes /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben

/ Texan's view of the world #8  

Them Texans ARE ALWAYS IMAGINING THINGS ALOT BIGGER THAN THEY ACTUALLY ARE /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifThe map gives us guys in yankee land a thumbs down,because they are tired of us proveing things are actually bigger in NEW ENGLAND /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ALAN
ps just clowning /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #9  

Hazmat,

I'm not from the great state of Texas, but if I were I might be insulted by the attachment you posted. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One might get the impression that the world in a Texan's view is limitied to a portion of North America!

My, my...if I had any artistic ability I might attempt to illustrate what a true Texan's view of the world might be!

Lucie's buddy WHarv could speak on this with more authority...hope I remember his girl friend's name right...been away from TBN too long...
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Texan's view of the world #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 8)Because of #7 and other reasons, Texas is really "Taxes" spelled sideways. Our Ad valorem property taxes are really high. The state charges us a percent of the value of our homes and property every year. But, we have no state income taxes. If your home and property is worth $200K your annual tax bill would be about $5000 (Of course if your land is agricultural based the taxes are low). )</font>

That ain't nothing, Illinois has the same taxes you mention. Only difference is you pay them to the county rahter than the state, then add income taxes to the state, plus an almost 7% state sales tax plus whatever local sales tax, plus whatever motor fuel tax (state and local governements), then figure all the new "fees" (Governor Rod Blowhole makes sure and stresses teh word FEE instead of TAX) the state is now charging every business and municipal governement in the state (which means it gets pased on to every one else as another "fee" or local taxes are raised to cover the new "fee."