From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #1  

Casco1

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L series
I'm getting to old for this, I love living in New England, for the scenery, the beaches, the mountains, the seafood etc. but when I woke up this AM and it was down to 5 degrees after being 50 a little more than a day earlier and they/re talking back up to 50 on wednesday. Ya gotta love it. Oklahoma here I come! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #2  
I used to live in California near Oakland. The weather was considered to be about the best in the country to it's mild tempatures that stayed fairly constant due to San Francisco Bay. There was the ocean, lakes, delta, parks, and Sierra Nevada Mtns to play in and explore. I found that it wasn't the weather that stoped me, but all the crowds and congestion. A 50 mile drive was usually 2 hours, or twice that on occasion.

If you have all those things to do, I wouldn't let the weather stop you. Now might be the best time to take advantage of the ocean or mountains.

I chose not to battle city life anymore and moved to Texas. My only regret is not leaving sooner!!!

Eddie

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #3  
Guy, that's why old bears, like you and I, hybernate for the winter. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
And we both know that you wouldn't want to give up the peace and tranquility of your spot up here.

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs
Bruce, Howdy!, Good news, We're closing on the const. loan this month, and are breaking ground Feb 1. We'll be seeing you at Bayhaven before you know it. Guy

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #5  
Prollay wouldn't like Oklahoma either. Not unusual to wake up to 50 or 60 deg, have a front come through and drop it to 30 by noon /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #6  
Hey Eddie, I hear you on that, This 101 Hwy. up here in Sonoma County is now called "the bottle neck of the wine country" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #7  
I agree with that about OK. If I remember a right, a couple of winters ago we set the low record and the high record in the same day! Were is good old Gary England when you need him? I used to travel all over the county, and I must say that Oklahoma gets some of the wildest extremes I have experienced anywhere in the whole country.
Dave

/ From 50 to 5 degrees in 24 hrs #8  
Not to mention tornados in the summer and ice storms in the winter!