Stainless Steel Woodscrews

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
I need about 40 two inch #10 or #12, flat head, stainless steel woodscrews. I thought I could order them from Graingers, but they don't carry them. I even e-mailed them to see if they could order them for me, but they either can't or won't.

Does anyone know where I could order these screws???

Thanks!!!

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #2  
If you want to order them you could try www.fastenal.com

Otherwise if you have any boating supply stores nearby (like West Marine Or Boat U.S.) you should be able to walk in there and buy them.

Spence

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #3  
Rich, try these guys: Fastenal

If they don't have it, you don't need it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (But I just checked their catalog, and they do.)

John

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #4  
Last time I purchased SS screws I got them from jamestowndistributors.com A box of 100 screws you are looking for is about $15. They have a lot of different varieties if you click on Fasteners.
When I am in a hurry I buy screws at Fastenal like others have suggested. It's the closest place to buy the kind of product to my house.

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #6  
Another good source of woodworking fasteners is McFeeleys . I've never ordered from them but get their catalogs regularly /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #7  
My local Home Depot has them in boxes of 50, only with a square drive (not an issue for my use).

-Norm

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #8  
I get all my specialty fasteners from Bolt Depot. Their items are sold by the piece or the full box. Even with shipping they were better than my local HD for some galvanized deck bolts, and I didn't have to pick through the box to try and find the right sized fasteners (as I do at HD.)

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #9  
I will echo going to McFeeleys for screws and other fastners. They deal mainly in square drive but I use them by choice. A pox on Phillips head screws, they are intended to strip out to prevent overdriving. I am leary of nail guns so do my framing using 3" #10 wood screws - much stronger and I can put them exactly where I want them.

/ Stainless Steel Woodscrews #10  
I am in favor of using square drive screws. Easy to get in Canada. But there seems to be a reluctance to stock and use them in the States. Square drive SS screws will twist off before the square drive slips. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif