US Postal Service Commercial

/ US Postal Service Commercial #1  

DaveNH

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
I realize that this is totally off topic from tractors and stuff related but since this is the only board I deal with, (All the rest have flamers) I have to ask here. In the latest Postal Service commercial where the blue mail box delivers a box of computer chips to some stuff animal manufacter, what is does that monkey say??
I know my hearing is shot but for the life of me I can't understand what the heck it's saying!
Anyone?

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)

/ US Postal Service Commercial #2  
<font color=blue>my hearing is shot</font color=blue>

Your hearing is shot? Mine's so bad I didn't know the monkey said anything, and that was before my left hearing aid died again Saturday. Have an appointment with the audiologist tomorrow; looks like I'll be ordering new hearing aids, even if I can't afford 'em./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ US Postal Service Commercial #3  
Dave,
<font color=blue>what does that monkey say??</font color=blue>/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I don't have a clue. I'm in the same hearing boat as you. I guess we will have to wait for one of the youngsters on this board to respond/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ US Postal Service Commercial #4  
Do you guys think we should use a little hearing protection while putting soo many hours on our tractors? Heh? Huh?Parden me,excuse me!!!

/ US Postal Service Commercial #5  
There's an old story about how too much sex makes you hard of hearing. Huh???
Bob

/ US Postal Service Commercial #6  
One of my clients came in the other day sporting a new aid. Told me it cost $9500. That's almost as bad as the $11,000 I just paid for a simple little lift that gets me up in my new truck and stows the wheelchair in the back. Ain't insurance great if they pay? It allows manufacturers to jack up the prices on these items for people with disabilities to astronomical figures, but like in my case they didn't pay so I have darn near as much in the mobility aids as the rest of the truck. Must give you a fine feeling to rip off people with disabilities.

Bah Humbug

DrDan

/ US Postal Service Commercial #7  
You're sure right, DrDan. I think anything that's made for someone with any kind of disability is priced sky high. Hearing aids now cost from $900 to $5,200 each and I imagine most folks who need them need two, as I do. And my insurance doesn't pay for hearing aids either./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I've been told the "normal" life expectancy for hearing aids is 6 to 7 years. Mine are 9.5 years old, but of course both have been rebuilt 3 or 4 times (used to cost $150 each time, but was $165 the last two times). They guarantee new ones one year (pay extra for two year warranty) and last about 3 years. Rebuild or repair is guaranteed for 6 months and usually lasts 8 to 12 months.

Bird

/ US Postal Service Commercial #8  
Dan and Bird,
Yes you are both right about insurance. Also I am also sick of what the guys charge that are the reps for braces, supports, and prosthetics. Most of the medical reps that I know make more money than most doctors and that's just the reps! They work about 3 days a week and make six figure incomes. Now if the reps are making that much money imagine what the mfg. are making. My cost on a simple lace up ankle support is $18.95. $18.95 for a lace up piece of cloth with supports on the side. Wanna get an aircast? That's $48.95, my cost. Then they tell us to mark them up another 50%!! I don't do it. I sell my braces and supports for a little over cost to cover expenses only. Yep if you ever want to get into a racket it's insurance and medical supplies.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ US Postal Service Commercial #9  
I work with a lady and her daughter is a sales rep for one of the larger drug companies. Her daughter has a $1500 a month "donut" allowance to use at her discretion when visiting doctors. She also has unlimited expenses when "entertaining" them (going to the best resturants in the DC area). Now, who do you think ends up paying for that? Now, I think that it is appropriate spent some money on trying to sell your product, but $1500 for donuts a month.

Geeeezzzz.....

Terry

/ US Postal Service Commercial #10  
Dave,

Its a good think this is the Off Topic and Just for Fun forum. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

We went from Talking Monkey's in a Postal advert, to being deaf, to why we are deaf, how sex and tractors cause us to be deaf, to the cost of hearing aids and other medical products, and at the moment are talking about how much the med companies rip us off! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif LOL! but you have to love TBN! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Course I ain't laughing about the prices that are being mentioned....... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And we STILL dont' know what the danged Monkey said! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later....
Dan McCarty