I need a Plasma cutter ASAP

/ I need a Plasma cutter ASAP #11  
I've got a hypertherm 600 that I like very much. Last I knew Hypertherm supplied Miller with torches but each company makes their own power source.

Make sure you have CLEAN DRY AIR feeding it. Get a desecator (sp?) and your consumables will last much longer.

/ I need a Plasma cutter ASAP #12  
Ive been reading some good things about plasma cutters.I am just beginning to search out the sites that sell them.I see Northern Tool has a few, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them.
Also, I have to admit I am a newby to them. Could someone post , how they work? I see that a compressor is needed,Which I have.
Also what are consumables? Some sort of tip? or rod?And how often do these need replacing? I would only be using it for occasional use, Im open to any recomendations of places to get it.
I assume if you can cut 1/2 inch, that you can adjust down to thin metal?
Thanks.
Al

/ I need a Plasma cutter ASAP #13  
Tips, and air filter.. yes..most of the untis I see have an adjustable range.. etc..

Soundguy

/ I need a Plasma cutter ASAP #14  
Go to your local welding store and check one out. Also check on prices from several of the big internet sellers like IOC. You can also go to the MillerMotorsports or Hobart welders forums and check out all the posts there on different plasma cutters. I have a Miller Spectrum 375.

Prices range all over the scale depending on if you buy one of the name brands or chinese imports. In any case you will need a compressor that can keep at least a continuous 60 psi flow. Clean dry air is also very important. A Motorguard filter usually is good enough for the hobby user.

You are welcome to stop over at my shop in southern NH to see and try mine.

/ I need a Plasma cutter ASAP #16  
I like my Hypertherm dual voltage unit.