A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff.

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #2  
Interesting web site. Thanks for posting. Working in those temperatures takes a different sort of human being. Talk about brass monkeys . . . .

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #3  
MUST read is right! Great pix and stories. Thanks for the link!

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #4  
In Northern Canada there are more than one winter ice road. They are used to supply isolated settlements/mining facilities. Most are regululated with very strict regulations applying. Many have speed regulations with checkpoints and policies regulating the the number of trucks in convoy and breakdown rules are in place. It is my understanding you are allowed no mistake on the regulations before your access is pulled.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In Northern Canada there are more than one winter ice road. They are used to supply isolated settlements/mining facilities. Most are regululated with very strict regulations applying... )</font> The History channel ran a show on those roads a few years back. It was one of the more interesting things I've seen on television. The best of the best truckers drive there, and they even have to be careful of their spacing because a truck will push a wave of ice, which can cause problems if it collides with the wave from another truck.

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff.
I found the owner of the website to be both one of the most resourceful human beings I've ever seen and quite a comedian!!! The "cheeze-whiz" stuff and the "thansk" and the way he just keeps battling the elements in those touring sleds towed by old CAT dozers!!!

The guy is really something! I wonder if he's a member here? Probably got too much work to do! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #7  
A must read indeed . Now that is a guy that knows how to make do with what he has . l'll cease complaining about the little cold snaps we have here .

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #8  
Did you notice he said his work truck, that Suburban, is 2wd!!

Now that's making do with what you have.

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #9  
Fascinating! That guy must be the Wrought'n Harv of the north /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ A story you MUST read. Unbelievable tractor stuff. #10  
That was a great read!!! Talk about the middle of nowhere /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would have to say he is way too busy to be a member on here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty