Texas Roadway TTC35

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
The Texas Department of Transportation today has narrowed the recommended path of the Tras Texas Corridor that goes from Mexico to Oklahoma. Our farm has dodged the bullet!!!!
Several other TBN members, Kyle and Mike are also out of the path now also.

However, there are others that are in the path. Harvey and Scott, the TTC35 is clipping the southeast corner of Dallas County and will run just east of Lake Ray Hubbard and winds through much of Rockwall County.

Here is a TXDOT link so you can see where the new 10 mile wide recommended path is located.

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #2  
I still haven't figured out why we even need this road, muchless the width that they're going to take. I'll be suprised if that route through rockwall county goes over well.

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #3  
Bobby - that sounds like a man in his eighties -- not one in his twenties.....The other thing is --- it's a gov't project.... where they gonna get the $$$$ ? It's one thing to propose a project like this - it's another getting it funded.

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #4  
I'm lucky I'm on the other end of Falls County.

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #5  
I agree. What the heck do we need the thing for?

Gee, lets see. The price of fuel will be astronomical in the next few decades. So lets invest in a major highway transport system so we can truck goods the most inefficient way possible.

Have they ever heard of the good old fashioned rail system? How about adding a few more rail lines?

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #6  
I always did figure the proposal would be closer to Austin. I suspect they are looking just east of Garfield on Hwy71 and east of Manor on 290 ........might make for a hairy interchange at TTC35 & 290 ......but again .... they gotta get the bucks first.

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #8  
Bill, I'm like you. Setting right in the middle of the dark blue. Just found out last week the new outer loop is going farther north. Now this.

Like has already been mentioned planning is one thing, getting it funded is another. Collin County bought 12 feet of out front yard in January 03 to widen and pave our road. It was scheduled to start summer 05 and still has not started. County now has not idea when they will start.

I sure I will be a old man before seeing TCC gets started, if I see it at all.

James

/ Texas Roadway TTC35 #9  
And how much money do y'all think the US DOT will be contributing to the cause?

I suppose TX is looking for payback after paying the bill for Boston's Big Dig. At least we got a bridge & a couple tunnels out of it... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Looks to me like the biggest land grab in recent history - Has anyone calculated the percentage of Texas that it constitutes?

EDIT HERE

Here's a map of the big dig click here for map

The entire project is less than 10 miles in any direction ...

/ Texas Roadway TTC35
<font color="blue">"Has anyone calculated the percentage of Texas that it constitutes?-hazmat"
</font>

.00044563% of Texas

or about 76,066 acres.

(146 acres per mile
521 miles long)
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif