Odd tractor implements

/ Odd tractor implements #1  

Cliff_Johns

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4110
OK, the strange tractor thread has shown a variety of odd tractors, now I'm hoping folks will step up to the plate and post (or link) pictures of some of the strangest tractor implements they've found.

Here's a tractor chainsaw.

Chainsaw

Cliff

/ Odd tractor implements
And here's a beach cleaner

Beach cleaner

I didn't know they made those, though I guess it makes a lot of sense.

Cliff

/ Odd tractor implements #4  
cliff by the ocean and bays they are used alot .At Jones beach in
New york they have 4 or 5 just to clean up the trash people leave .
Alot of them are real slobs /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif At the beach i use to windsurf at
they tried to use it to pick up the seaweed ,worked real well for 1year but made for heavy erosion of the beach and the salt water
did a good job on the machine /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Odd tractor implements #6  
Don't know what Ford called it.
Don't have a picture or a link.
But the strangest thing I've ever seen on a tractor was the weedwhacker/propeller thingy Ford marketed with the 8N.

Big ol' propeller looking blade with absolutely no guard whatsoever, just a hangin' off the back end, and looking like THE reason why we have OSHA today.

/ Odd tractor implements #8  
Looks like some of the specialized outfits I have seen for applying anhydrous ammonia and such. But I don't see a tank for the solution. hmmmm.......

/ Odd tractor implements #9  
My monitor is going on the fritz, and everything is a little too dark to see well, but. I'll take a stab at it.

If I'm seeing what I THINK I'm seeing, that's what is used to "de-tassle" corn. Seed corn growers de-tassle to eliminate/control pollination.

Probably some tricky driving, keeping the wheels between rows in standing corn.

/ Odd tractor implements
This JD is set up to do something. I don't know what the attachment is, not why this tractor is wearing a skirt.

JD with a skirt

I guess it has something to do with Christmas trees, but it's not obvious.

Cliff