Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda?

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Was that its name? I ran it on a Toshiba T1000 with a whopping 1 MEG total memory (no hd!) at the blazing speed of 4MHz.

And it did EVERYTHING. Type in: Call JM about XYZ wed next week. And the following week, on Wednesday it would pop up:

Call: Jim Murphy (618)782-2585 (press F3 to dial)
About: XYZ Project (with all the details)

And it was lightning fast.

Is there anything like it?

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #2  
Saw it a long time ago, but never tried to use it. However, I do have a pristine set of Lotus 1-2-3 floppies if you're interested /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #3  
Are you thinking about Lotus Organizer?

I use have been using Lotus Organizer for at least 10 years and have not found anything better.

Not too long ago, I think I saw it priced for about $15. Very well worth the price.

As a side note, IBM is not going to provide updates to Lotus 1,2,3; Freelance Graphics; WordPro; Approach; or Organizer. They are going to keep supporting LotusNotes.

I think the Lotus products are far superior to the similar Microsoft products and hate to see IBM let them go. I remember when IBM paid $4.2 Billion to purchase Lotus, and now they going to drop support for everything except Lotus Notes.

Bob

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #4  
I guess I'm an "Old IT Guy". My first exposure to Lotus Corp was version 1.0a of Lotus 1-2-3! (remember /ppapg?) I "grew up" on Lotus and WordPerfect products, but with changing companies and such, have totally migrated my skill set to MS products now. MS Exchange is just now getting to some of the functionality that was in WordPerfect Office 10 years ago, but that's the way it goes.

Long Live Bill! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #5  
Hah, you guys bring back BAD memories.

I used Lotus 1-2-3 at work, then an early version of MS Word.

My Father in Law bought an IBM, and I started to teach him Lotus. Being an engineer, it took a LONG time for him to catch on to it. Life was good.

Then he bought MS word and wanted me to teach him! First thing I said was "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT USING LOTUS!"

Well, he couldn't. He was a night owl and I got calls from 11PM to 2AM asking "Now I hit "/, then P to print in word, right?"

No Dad, remember that you were to forget all your Lotus commands for word, remember???????????????

Oh, I sure miss him. He was a good man, except with computers................

Ron

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #6  
Try MicroLogic's "Info Select". I've used it since it was a DOS program, and ran it under Win 3.1 and Win 95 - then they got all high-fallootin' and started charging business software prices so I haven't upgraded it for some time. I think it would do what you want. It's called a random information database.

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda?
I'll Look into infoselect.

No it wasn't Lotus organize (unless it morphed somehow...

When Lotus was big, Bill's boys used to have a ditty that went: DOS isn't done till Lotus won't run....

Once apon a time I had a computer store. Someone traded in an IBM PCjr. I gave them $50 sight unseen. After they left I looked at the machine. It had upgraded RAM, and Lotus 123 in a game cartridge. Man, did it run fast compared to those drives we had then!

In less than an hour, a bank called asking if I had any nice trade in computers that could sit and run an am schedule. Sure, what about a nice clean IBM WITH a copy of 123 for $1000? They came by with a check in 15 minutes...

I am just amazed that so much terrific stuff is gone, and we kludge along with such crummy stuff....

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda?
Well, Duh!! I googled it, and it is available! Version 2.0 is on the public domain. I already downloaded it. Maybe I can get it going on my Vintage Omnibook!

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #9  
I do remember those old computers would bootup right now! Hit the power and your ready to work!
A Tandy (can't remember the model) was our earliest.

On a related note, I was cleaning up my desk drawers and just tossed a bunch of the old old large floppies - I haven't even seen anything that could read these in 10-15 years. (Hey, come on, I'm not the Smithsonian /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif!)

/ Old IT Guys - remeber Lotus Agenda? #10  
Up until about 3 years ago I had a machine set up that could read anything from 8" floppies on down. Had an ISA card that could drive almost anything. No longer had any use for it so junked it. May be apiece or two still around. I don't know why !!!!

Vernon