Old trucks

/ Old trucks #1  

Christopher

Tractor
Kubota L2550DT
I have two trucks, one is a '52 Ford 1 1/2 ton with a dump bed, deluxe cab ( dome light, heater, etc.) flathead V-8 (96 hp) 4 speed syncro transmission, 50,500 original miles everything works except the emergency brake and it has the original paint which needs to be redone. the other is a '49 Chevy 1 1/2 ton w/ dump with a bad engine (6 cyl.). My question is, what would these sell for in your area? what would you think a reasonable price to ask would be? Thanks for your ideas, Chris

/ Old trucks #2  
The big trucks are hard to sell, older pickups are where the demand and the high prices can be found. I've been looking for a 1950 - 1960 1.5 ton+ for several months. Prices I've seen in upstate NY: If the Chevy has decent sheet metal, with mininimal rust you're looking at $500 - $1500, the Ford is more popular, especially with the flathead V8, will bring $1000 - $2500 if the body's in decent shape. I came across a 1950 Ford F6 Firetruck with 20K original miles that sold for $1200. Lincoln engine, excellent body.

/ Old trucks #3  
Apparently they're not worth much where I live; my mom gave away our old '55 Ford F600. I guess she got tired of waiting for me to do something with it.

/ Old trucks #4  
Wow, I did not know the bigger trucks were not worth as much. I would like to get a 48-50 Ford f6 one of these days. I like the bigger ones, but thought I would have to settle for a f1.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ Old trucks
Want an F5 for $1,000? low miles! My neighbor has a '53 F6 with a 2 speed rear end and flathead V-8, has had it since '54, and has absolutely beat the tar out of it, the spark plugs are rusted solid to the heads, he has never, in the time I have known him, changed the oil, and he hauls gravel and manure constantly, I just finished helping him haul manure with it for three days streight, he has no weight limit on it, so it holds as much as will fit which is LOTS more than it was designed for, the back springs ride on the rubber stops all the time, I hope he doesn't break an axle. anyway, my point is, these trucks are about indestructable.

/ Old trucks #6  
My father had a 48,49, or 50 F6 tow truck when I was growing up. He had swaped in a Tbird motor in the late 50's. I guess it had a big influnce on me, becouse now I would love to have one.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif