what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you?

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #21  
Re: what does \"lifetime warranty\" mean to you?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Same with craftsman tools lifetime warranty . You break it they replace it for your life time .I guess it's always good to read the fine print. )</font>

I had an old Craftsman 1/2" dr. rachet that was given to me by my grandpa (when they sold their house and moved to assisted living he said take what you want in this garage). Anyway the handle broke when it got used with a cheater bar. Obviously you could tell the rachet was older than me or at least it had been used more than I had been using tools (opnly 24 at the time) so my dad took it back and told then he'd had it since sometime way back when, replaced no questions asked. Had I taken it back they would have probably asked when it had been purchased.

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #22  

Yeah and those hard pads just eat the rotars to pieces. So now you have to replace the rotars, but the brake pads are good as new. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #23  

you must be buying the low end lifetime warranty pad. I buy the upper end (cost a little more) lifetime warranty pads. I have installed several sets on my vehicles , never replaced rotors. My son has a 1988 bronco that he takes in the mud all the time so, we're always replacing the brake pads. Without lifetime warranty this would cost me a bundle. We just installed the 3 rd (lifetime warranty starter) on this bronco this past weekend . No questions asked by the parts store. Lifetime warranty to me & the parts store , sears , means as long as I own it ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #24  

About a month ago an elderly gentleman that I know stopped by and he was all smiles. I asked why he was so happy and he replied: " I just realized that everything that I buy from now on has a lifetime warranty ".

When I'm facing the end I hope that I can be that happy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #25  

At least you had the sense to ask what "life time" meant.

I mean really, in this day and age, do you actually trust the advertisement behind some product offerings?

Good for you, in your approach.

-Mike Z.

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you?

the reason i asked, theres another electric water heater, that a guy advertises as having a lifetime warranty: i looked it up on the internet, and it does have a lifetime warranty against leaking: and leaking only. at least they where pretty explicit about what was covered.
heehaw

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #27  

Ive had Craftsman tools also. The tape measure had the marks worn off, and I went to return it for another. The clerk said that I couldnt as it wasnt broke. After a few minutes of "talk" and wigggling the blade , it broke. And they replaced it. What good was the tape if you couldnt read the marks?? And the ratchets, they do replace, but not from the rack, they have a drawer with some that have been refurbished. The last one I had ,lasted about two weeks. as soon as there was pressure on it it would jump the gear, and give me banged up knuckles.They expect people will just give up. But I just take em back.Its scarey that my K Mart ratchet takes more abuse an still kicks on.
Wish there was a snap on dealer around , they are built to last.
AL

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #28  

Leakage is the about the only reason to replace vs repair a water heater.

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #29  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wish there was a snap on dealer around , they are built to last.
)</font>
I had a Snap-On screw driver and the blade chipped. I took it to a Snap-On van that came to our plant for replacement. They had a tool that pulled the old blade out of the black handle and pressed the new blade in.
I was satified with the fix but I had never seen that trick before. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ what does "lifetime warranty" mean to you? #30  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And the ratchets, they do replace, but not from the rack, they have a drawer with some that have been refurbished. The last one I had ,lasted about two weeks. as soon as there was pressure on it it would jump the gear, and give me banged up knuckles.They expect people will just give up. But I just take em back.AL )</font>

I broke a 1/2" drive rachet with a straight extra long handle while using a cheater bar with it and took it back. Since they no longer carried that rachet with a straight handle and they only caried the one with a flex handle they said "we'll have to give you the flex handle instead"
As if that was a bad thing?