Why would anybody want a Hummer?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #11  
Gatorboy,I think well off is someone who can have an H1($114k +) that is basicaly useless other than ...?I would like to have one but its a bit much for me to fill my useless vehicle slot,would like to have an 06 vette tho.The h2 and h3 are fine for people,they are kinda like a cubic zirconia.And under no conditions could I find that a truck that wide would help you hunting except young single females.

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #12  
I agree with PineRidge. I own a Ford Excursion. It has a higher payload, higher towing capacity, carries more passengers, gets better mileage, lower initial cost, and looks better than an H1. Yes, the H1 can go a few places that I can't. But, I generally don't go there anyway. The tax incentives made it easy for some to buy a status symbol.

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #13  
It's the heighth or arrogance for one person to tell someone else what is an appropriate vehicle to buy. Or to presume they're buying it to show off, as bling, etc. If someone else wants to buy an H1, a Corvette, a Civic or a Ram1500, that's their business, not mine. I barely have time to mind my own business, much less minding someone elses. In this case, the market has spoken, not enough people were buying them, so GM is stopping production.

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #14  
<font color="blue"> ( Hi, In my town there must be 10 hummers and the people would have to be rich to own them. ) </font>

<font color="red"> What is your definition of rich? </font>

Dave, I think both of us could afford a Hummer H2 or H3 if we really wanted one, but I don't think of either of us as "rich". I think some of the Hummer owners aren't necessarily "rich", more like they have good credit and live paycheck to paycheck! I think NOT owning one makes us smart! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If someone else wants to buy one, that's their business, but I'd rather save my money or spend my money on something more practical!

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #15  
I just read the other day that GM will discontinue the H1 line next month. It's too much of a specialty vehicle that they sell less than 500 per year.

If GM is really smart, they will discontinue a bunch of their cars and just focus on several models to make them as good as possible, but that's just my thoughts.

Eddie

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #16  
<font color="blue">I just read the other day that GM will discontinue the H1 line next month. It's too much of a specialty vehicle that they sell less than 500 per year. </font>
That's the article at the link Terry43 included in his post that started this thread.

Terry43 - What's your opinion? You start these threads then seldom participate in them. Might also be beneficial to pose some tractor related questions, this being TBN and all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #17  
When I'm hunting, I like to get as far out as I can go, and then hike from there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Of course, if I wanted something to really get out away, further than my pickup, I would get a Jeep /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif An old Scout or 60's/early 70's Bronco would do too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I just couldn't find the above, then I might think about one of the old Toyota Landcruisers...

The Hummer H1 is a great vehicle with incredible agility. But, it is expensive, and wide... There's a lot of places an old flatfender or CJ works a lot better, a lot cheaper. I've been too many places where even an old Jeep would barely squeeze thru /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #19  
That H1 can be incredibly useful. I think it is the people who use them though... You can see it across the price range; 4x4's that never get off the pavement, except when they park on the front lawn while being washed and waxed /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Why would anybody want a Hummer????? #20  
<font color="blue">( Hi, In my town there must be 10 hummers and the people would have to be rich to own them. ) </font>

In my town there is no prerequiste for purchasing one. They don't have to be rich, believe in ghosts, have diabetes, refuse to use a cellphone while driving, dispise Mexico, or care about the price of gas in their town.

By the way, did you ever figure out what the cheapest city to retire in is?

Status
Not open for further replies.