Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Default Why would anybody want a Hummer?????

Hi, In my town there must be 10 hummers and the people would have to be rich to own them. Someone told me they get around 9 miles per gallon. My insurance company told me it would cost me 2500.00 a year in insurance. And I have a history of no accidents and been driving for 28 years. This rate comes from Farm Bureau insurance. General Motors is ending the production of the Hummer one. News about it below,

GM scraps its biggest Hummer

http://tinyurl.com/gjv2m

Tractor
    kubota/b2910

Default Re: Why would anybody want a Hummer?????

Interesting....My question is which Hummer are we talking about 1,2, or 3? That makes a big difference...
    I would drive and h1 cause I hunt, plow snow, or live way up in the woods.
    I would drive and H2 cause its cool
    I would drive and H3 cause its cool, but not as bad on the environments and is cheaper....
    hope that works.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Uh.... Bill Clinton?

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Hummer = Status symbol

Tractor
    1948 Ford 8N and 1993 Toro WheelHorse 520H

The Hummer H1 was the only real Hummer anyway... The H2 and H3 are based on Chevrolet SUV's with different bodies and higher price tags.

Now that there's not an original Hummer design in the fleet, the difference between Chevrolet and Hummer is similar to the difference between Oldsmobile and Cadillac in the 1980's... just a bit more chrome and a higher price to give someone a bigger status symbol!

I don't feel the need to look "cool" in my vehicle. I'd rather have a vehicle that is practical and serves my needs. Instead of worrying about how others see me behind the wheel, I'll continue to drive my Cavalier and be "uncool". [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 4WD, Ferriz 1500Z ZTR, Craftsman GT5000

I'll second what AndyM says. The H1 is the only really useful Hummer. The others are just for show.

I think they put the Duramax diesel in the H1 this year and added a few other enhancements to bring it up to date.

I also have a neighbor with one. It's an H2 with a lift kit lots of flashy accessories and it's painted school bus yellow. We refer to it as the "school bus". He's also single, rich, has a pet bobcat, and is in his mid-40's so it probably helps him score hot chicks! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JCB165HF

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll second what AndyM says. The H1 is the only really useful Hummer. The others are just for show.

I think they put the Duramax diesel in the H1 this year and added a few other enhancements to bring it up to date.

I also have a neighbor with one. It's an H2 with a lift kit lots of flashy accessories and it's painted school bus yellow. We refer to it as the "school bus". He's also single, rich, has a pet bobcat, and is in his mid-40's so it probably helps him score hot chicks! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )</font>

When the H-2 first came out I got to drive one. I was impressed. Impressed enough to consider buying one if I could afford it. Even though they've got the patent on ugly I found it drove really well and we liked the elevated riding position. I compared it to a perfect compromise between a Continental Town Car and a four wheel drive truck.

As for you neighbor, I'll bet the hole against the donut he's one of these guys that like to complain about women being gold diggers. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But then what would he expect when he trolls for them with flash and bling? Not unlike the female with cleavage exposed and then complaining about men not looking her in the eye. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota M8950, Bobcat 873 SSL & Kubota ZD-331

<font color="blue"> ( Hi, In my town there must be 10 hummers and the people would have to be rich to own them. ) </font>

What is your definition of rich?

Tractor
    none, nothing, nada

I'm not a hunter even in the furthest stretch of the word. I'm curious though, does the vehicle matter that much for hunting? I was under the impression hunters walked around to hunt. Do they hunt from the car now? Are the back roads wide enough to accomodate such a wide vehicle as a Hummer?

Tractor
    none, nothing, nada

<font color="blue">What is your definition of rich? </font>

Yes, good question. I would say many of the folks who have "bling" vehicles are also way underfunded in the retirement. Thats not rich, thats stupid. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast