Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #41  
Maybe you could cool the room real well and then shut everything off when you go to bed.

I wouldn't sleep with it running either.

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #42  
Maybe you could cool the room real well and then shut everything off when you go to bed.

I wouldn't sleep with it running either.

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #43  
A quality generator should be able to run without any concerns and my Generac Guardian has purred like a kitten all night while I've slept like a baby.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( At least I will be able to sleep somewhat comfortably )</font>

I'm not sure i could sleep with my genny running...wouldn't feel right..

Soundguy )</font>

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #44  
A quality generator should be able to run without any concerns and my Generac Guardian has purred like a kitten all night while I've slept like a baby.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( At least I will be able to sleep somewhat comfortably )</font>

I'm not sure i could sleep with my genny running...wouldn't feel right..

Soundguy )</font>

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #45  
There was another one that auctioned off Wednesday and the last price that I saw was over $1300.00.

I am not sure who makes the engine but think it may be either a Yanmar or Robyn Subaru. Maybe there will be some information on the engine and I can let you know when it gets here. http://www.easterntools.com

I had considered a larger diesel powered generator, but can't justify the cost of $10,000 plus dollars for no more than it would be needed. A few years ago the local Lowes was selling a 3 cylinder, water cooled, I believe, 7500 watt diesel generator for about $5,000 or $6,000 but now one that size probably goes for close to $8,000.

The gasoline powered Generac generator I have has a surge of 22.5 KW and handles a total of 125 amps.

However, I believe that I may eventually get a
Home Standby System that connects to Natural Gas and then I won't have to worry about fuel storage.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Carl - It sounds like you got yourself a good deal too. I would prefer a diesel generator, but the 6kw surge on that one won't cut the mustard for me. Does that unit use Yanmar or China Diesel power? Who makes it? )</font>

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #46  
There was another one that auctioned off Wednesday and the last price that I saw was over $1300.00.

I am not sure who makes the engine but think it may be either a Yanmar or Robyn Subaru. Maybe there will be some information on the engine and I can let you know when it gets here. http://www.easterntools.com

I had considered a larger diesel powered generator, but can't justify the cost of $10,000 plus dollars for no more than it would be needed. A few years ago the local Lowes was selling a 3 cylinder, water cooled, I believe, 7500 watt diesel generator for about $5,000 or $6,000 but now one that size probably goes for close to $8,000.

The gasoline powered Generac generator I have has a surge of 22.5 KW and handles a total of 125 amps.

However, I believe that I may eventually get a
Home Standby System that connects to Natural Gas and then I won't have to worry about fuel storage.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Carl - It sounds like you got yourself a good deal too. I would prefer a diesel generator, but the 6kw surge on that one won't cut the mustard for me. Does that unit use Yanmar or China Diesel power? Who makes it? )</font>

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #47  
<font color="blue"> I'm not sure i could sleep with my genny running...wouldn't feel right..

Soundguy </font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A quality generator should be able to run without any concerns and my Generac Guardian has purred like a kitten all night while I've slept like a baby.
)</font>

The big difference in why I said what I did, is because my 1000$ genny is powered via my 24000$ NH 7610s... which i wouldn't want to leave running, parked in the driveway without me watching the oil pressure and temp gauge, or wonering if someone was going to hop on and drive it thru the fence... A 2500$ genny burning up would be bad.. my 24000$ tractor burning up would hospitalize me... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I might reconsidder if I put a murphy switch on the oil pressure and temp senders, ( to kill the ignition if a gauge went out of range ) and if I had it somehow permanently disabled.. like park 2-3 cars around and in front of it so that it could not physically be moved... that's alot of work.. so.. I think I'll just stick to running it when i need it..

Soundguy

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #48  
<font color="blue"> I'm not sure i could sleep with my genny running...wouldn't feel right..

Soundguy </font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A quality generator should be able to run without any concerns and my Generac Guardian has purred like a kitten all night while I've slept like a baby.
)</font>

The big difference in why I said what I did, is because my 1000$ genny is powered via my 24000$ NH 7610s... which i wouldn't want to leave running, parked in the driveway without me watching the oil pressure and temp gauge, or wonering if someone was going to hop on and drive it thru the fence... A 2500$ genny burning up would be bad.. my 24000$ tractor burning up would hospitalize me... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I might reconsidder if I put a murphy switch on the oil pressure and temp senders, ( to kill the ignition if a gauge went out of range ) and if I had it somehow permanently disabled.. like park 2-3 cars around and in front of it so that it could not physically be moved... that's alot of work.. so.. I think I'll just stick to running it when i need it..

Soundguy

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #49  
My parents live along the Mississippi Gulf Coast and were victimized by Mother Nature last year (Katrina) and were in need of electricty and fuel. It seems that both were in great demand and there were many reports of people waking up during the night to the sound of silence because their portable generators had grown legs and walked off. Some folks were sleeping on their porches with shotguns nearby. BNSF Railroad lost quite a few little generators they had set up to power the crossings. Even chained down, they some how managed to gain freedom. So, I understand what you mean. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #50  
My parents live along the Mississippi Gulf Coast and were victimized by Mother Nature last year (Katrina) and were in need of electricty and fuel. It seems that both were in great demand and there were many reports of people waking up during the night to the sound of silence because their portable generators had grown legs and walked off. Some folks were sleeping on their porches with shotguns nearby. BNSF Railroad lost quite a few little generators they had set up to power the crossings. Even chained down, they some how managed to gain freedom. So, I understand what you mean. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif