Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #1  

dholly

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7610HST
Anybody have experience with this particular model generator?

Sounds big enough to start the well pump with the elec. water heater, fridge and a few light on, but not so big as to bankrupt me in fuel bills. Of course, this had to show up right after I bot a HF gen head for a B7610 PTO project so, technically, I really don't need it. Still... can one ever have TOO MANY generators?

Coleman Powermate Premium Plus 6500H
Max Watts: 7800
Run Watts: 6500
Voltage: 120/ 240
Engine: 13 HP Honda GSX OHV
Fuel Tank: 5 Gallons
Run Time @ 50% Load: 8 Hours
Portability Kit: Included
Spark Arrestor: Yes
Electric Start: No
Auto Voltage Regulation: Yes
Idle Control: Yes
Low Oil Alert: Yes
Limited Warranty: 2 Years
Weight: 185 lbs
6500H Owners Manual.pdf

One year old w/ transferrable warranty
Started and run ~15mins each month, ~3hrs total time
Cost $1,200 + tax New, Asking $500
Accepted $450 Cash Offer (subject to inspection)

Attachments

• 888143-VTCB3WtIdwlScJvRPq0pBjQSvJrq.jpg
    888143-VTCB3WtIdwlScJvRPq0pBjQSvJrq.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 869
   / Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator
Anybody have experience with this particular model generator?

Sounds big enough to start the well pump with the elec. water heater, fridge and a few light on, but not so big as to bankrupt me in fuel bills. Of course, this had to show up right after I bot a HF gen head for a B7610 PTO project so, technically, I really don't need it. Still... can one ever have TOO MANY generators?

Coleman Powermate Premium Plus 6500H
Max Watts: 7800
Run Watts: 6500
Voltage: 120/ 240
Engine: 13 HP Honda GSX OHV
Fuel Tank: 5 Gallons
Run Time @ 50% Load: 8 Hours
Portability Kit: Included
Spark Arrestor: Yes
Electric Start: No
Auto Voltage Regulation: Yes
Idle Control: Yes
Low Oil Alert: Yes
Limited Warranty: 2 Years
Weight: 185 lbs
6500H Owners Manual.pdf

One year old w/ transferrable warranty
Started and run ~15mins each month, ~3hrs total time
Cost $1,200 + tax New, Asking $500
Accepted $450 Cash Offer (subject to inspection)

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #3  
I had a 5KW, 6250 surge pull start. Bought it new for about 600, sold it after 3 yrs for 300. Replaced that with a 10KW welder/ gen.
I think that 450 is a great price for that unit with 3 hrs on it. Look it over good. If it looks that new and has the low hours it will be a great back up generator. It may or may not run your entire house.
My 5KW would run my house incuding fridge, freezer, well pump, lights and furnace. Everything but the 2 window AC's.
Northern Tool sells a comparable gen. with the same 13 HP Honda engine and similar wattage for $1649-1999.

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #4  
I had a 5KW, 6250 surge pull start. Bought it new for about 600, sold it after 3 yrs for 300. Replaced that with a 10KW welder/ gen.
I think that 450 is a great price for that unit with 3 hrs on it. Look it over good. If it looks that new and has the low hours it will be a great back up generator. It may or may not run your entire house.
My 5KW would run my house incuding fridge, freezer, well pump, lights and furnace. Everything but the 2 window AC's.
Northern Tool sells a comparable gen. with the same 13 HP Honda engine and similar wattage for $1649-1999.

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #5  
Let's put it this way. If you're not satisfied with it, I'll give you your money back, if it's as you describe... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Deal or No Deal... used Coleman 6500H Generator #6  
Let's put it this way. If you're not satisfied with it, I'll give you your money back, if it's as you describe... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks George, I've heard very good things about Coleman gennys and the Honda powerplant. I just wasn't interested in spending $1500-2000+ for a bigger gas genny, but the price on this unit is right and now I am re-thinking my PTO project. You see, I also have a small Coleman Ultimite 1100-Watt Generator (pic) I bot to keep the sump pump running at the old house (40cc 2-cycle, runs for days on a gallon of mix). It's too small for any big loads, but I could use it for lights only, saving the 6500H for periodic use to charge the pressure tank, chill the fridge, etc.. That would cover the necessities in a more economical fashion than running the 6500H all the time for just lights. I'm thinking it would be more economical to run that combo than the tractor at PTO speed for extended times, not to mention it does free up the tractor. Another Plus, I have 4 autos in the drive so plenty of emergency gas on hand generally. So... do I return the HF gen head? Decisions, decisions.

Attachments

• 888185-pr-Power_Mowers_Tools-Coleman_Ultimite_1100-Watt_Generator_PMG201102-resized200.jpg
    888185-pr-Power_Mowers_Tools-Coleman_Ultimite_1100-Watt_Generator_PMG201102-resized200.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 372
Thanks George, I've heard very good things about Coleman gennys and the Honda powerplant. I just wasn't interested in spending $1500-2000+ for a bigger gas genny, but the price on this unit is right and now I am re-thinking my PTO project. You see, I also have a small Coleman Ultimite 1100-Watt Generator (pic) I bot to keep the sump pump running at the old house (40cc 2-cycle, runs for days on a gallon of mix). It's too small for any big loads, but I could use it for lights only, saving the 6500H for periodic use to charge the pressure tank, chill the fridge, etc.. That would cover the necessities in a more economical fashion than running the 6500H all the time for just lights. I'm thinking it would be more economical to run that combo than the tractor at PTO speed for extended times, not to mention it does free up the tractor. Another Plus, I have 4 autos in the drive so plenty of emergency gas on hand generally. So... do I return the HF gen head? Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, it sounds like a great deal BUT, it still won't run my elec. heat pump while the HF gen head 12k surge would. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, it sounds like a great deal BUT, it still won't run my elec. heat pump while the HF gen head 12k surge would. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif