Looking for an oil stain for wood

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #1  

KubotaSteve

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with loaded R-4s
My uncle is building a small enclosed deer stand and is looking for a type of oil stain for wood called coopen oil or something close to that. He wasn't sure of the exact name or spelling and that was the best he good give me. I'm hoping someone here has heard of it and might know where it can be purchased. I've all ready tried some google and yahoo searches and came with nothing. My uncle is a painter by trade and tried all of his usual suppliers and they hadn't heard of it. So come on TBN braintrust.

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood
My uncle is building a small enclosed deer stand and is looking for a type of oil stain for wood called coopen oil or something close to that. He wasn't sure of the exact name or spelling and that was the best he good give me. I'm hoping someone here has heard of it and might know where it can be purchased. I've all ready tried some google and yahoo searches and came with nothing. My uncle is a painter by trade and tried all of his usual suppliers and they hadn't heard of it. So come on TBN braintrust.

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #3  
What are the particular features of the oil stain that you are interested in?

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #4  
What are the particular features of the oil stain that you are interested in?

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #5  
I've never heard of it either, but you have me curious. What makes is so special? What does it do that other stains don't?

Eddie

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #6  
I've never heard of it either, but you have me curious. What makes is so special? What does it do that other stains don't?

Eddie

I'm not really sure what is so special about this stain. I'll ask my uncle when I see him again. I'm guessing it must be a really good wood preservative to use on an enclosed deer stand which he doesn't visit very often.

I'm not really sure what is so special about this stain. I'll ask my uncle when I see him again. I'm guessing it must be a really good wood preservative to use on an enclosed deer stand which he doesn't visit very often.

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #9  
I think maybe he is thinking of
Cuprinol Wood Preservative
http://www.cuprinol.com/ but this site is 'down'. There are other hits that might help.

/ Looking for an oil stain for wood #10  
I think maybe he is thinking of
Cuprinol Wood Preservative
http://www.cuprinol.com/ but this site is 'down'. There are other hits that might help.