Thompson's Water Seal

/ Thompson's Water Seal #21  
Re: Thompson\'s Water Seal

i had 10 acres a couple years ago, the guy in the house next door wanted to tear down the old fence and put up a new one: the old fence had been there for over 40 years: and was 6ft on me on one end, and 6ft on him on the other: i was going to help, but he said he wanted to "hire" it done: so i told him, the only way i would agree to the old fence coming down, was that the new fence go on the property line: which he agreed to: then he had it put 12 inches on his side, and proceeded to plant shrubs and flowers in that 12 inches: i'm not sure how i was suppose to keep my donkeys and cows from eating the shrubs and flowers: but we had a few words, and it ended with me telling him, if he could tend to the shrubs and flowers without stepping foot on my property, to have at it...he was not welcome on my property: so i put up another fence as close to the line as i could, his shrubs and flowers died for some reason??? couldn't have anything to do with the slight doses of round-up??? i'm just glad i didn't pay my part of the fence, before i discovered what he was doing..
heehaw

/ Thompson's Water Seal #22  

i had 10 acres a couple years ago, the guy in the house next door wanted to tear down the old fence and put up a new one: the old fence had been there for over 40 years: and was 6ft on me on one end, and 6ft on him on the other: i was going to help, but he said he wanted to "hire" it done: so i told him, the only way i would agree to the old fence coming down, was that the new fence go on the property line: which he agreed to: then he had it put 12 inches on his side, and proceeded to plant shrubs and flowers in that 12 inches: i'm not sure how i was suppose to keep my donkeys and cows from eating the shrubs and flowers: but we had a few words, and it ended with me telling him, if he could tend to the shrubs and flowers without stepping foot on my property, to have at it...he was not welcome on my property: so i put up another fence as close to the line as i could, his shrubs and flowers died for some reason??? couldn't have anything to do with the slight doses of round-up??? i'm just glad i didn't pay my part of the fence, before i discovered what he was doing..
heehaw

/ Thompson's Water Seal #23  

Hey Bird(stirring the pot with a boat paddle) in S FL, the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RD

/ Thompson's Water Seal #24  

Hey Bird(stirring the pot with a boat paddle) in S FL, the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RD

/ Thompson's Water Seal

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code )</font>

Would that be Morse Code? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Thompson's Water Seal

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code )</font>

Would that be Morse Code? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Thompson's Water Seal #27  

<font color="blue"> the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code. </font>

Thought that might be the case here also. Never actually had a fence but I've heard that mentioned locally.

/ Thompson's Water Seal #28  

<font color="blue"> the "finished side" has to face out....according to Code. </font>

Thought that might be the case here also. Never actually had a fence but I've heard that mentioned locally.

/ Thompson's Water Seal

If there's any such code in this area, I've never heard of it, and there are fences all over the area turned either direction. And since you made me curious, I looked at our city code and of course it's an incredibly lengthy and detailed document telling about heights, acceptable and non-acceptable materials, where you can and can't build, gates required, etc., etc., but I didn't find anything about which side the posts would be on or which way the "finished side" woud face.

/ Thompson's Water Seal

If there's any such code in this area, I've never heard of it, and there are fences all over the area turned either direction. And since you made me curious, I looked at our city code and of course it's an incredibly lengthy and detailed document telling about heights, acceptable and non-acceptable materials, where you can and can't build, gates required, etc., etc., but I didn't find anything about which side the posts would be on or which way the "finished side" woud face.