Duh Volume of a cylinder

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #1  

DrDan

Gold Member
Tractor
G1800 & BX2200
I forgot my geometry, but I know there are some real brains on here that can help.

I am building a greenhouse and the column's are set in holes augered into the soil - need to know how much concrete to plan on mixing.

Each hole is 15" in diameter and 30" deep. I can do the conversion to cubic feet and cubic yards if someone can help with the formula to get the cubic inches.

Mmmm wonder where that old geometry book is?

Dr Dan

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #2  
Dan,

I'd go with the area of a circle x depth of the hole.

Russ

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #3  
DrDan, I used to do those sort of calculations on paper or with a calculator, but I've gotten too lazy. I just go to http://www.convert-me.com/en/ and let them do the conversions. However, it seems to me that you don't need to "convert" anything to get cu. in. since your measurements are already in inches. Volume of a cylinder is pi (3.14159265) times radius squared (56.25) times length (30) or 5301.4374 cu. in. or 3.0679614 cu. ft. Right guys?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #4  
Bird's got the formula right. For it and all sorts of "seldom used" but necessary goodies, try here.

Hoss

jdrsc.gif

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #5  
Thanks for the site, Hoss. I just bookmarked it; might need some of those formulas in the future.

BirdSig.jpg

/ Duh Volume of a cylinder #6  
No fair Bird, that was one I could actually answer but as usual you're too fast on the keyboard!! How's that for a quick answer
DR DAN?