finshed pond

/ finshed pond #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Final product - about 4000 gal. The water fall dumps into the stream that is at the right of the photo and then returns into the bog portion. Main pond is 4 ft deep by 11 ft wide by 16 ft long (not including the bog portion which is only a foot deep). Actual excavation only took about 2 hours (not including repairing the water line to the barn which I found the hard way !). The boulders were all boomed in place with the backhoe. Made things real easy. Probably can't see the koi too well, all sleeping down the bottom now that winter's here!

Attachments

• 6-84151-Nov20$07.JPG
    6-84151-Nov20$07.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 78
   / finshed pond #2  
Gerard
I like your pond./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
My wife has been bugging me to put a pond in the backyard. She now has more fuel to get me started on it. I'm not familiar with how to build a pond and will have to do a lot of research before I get started. My first question, what is Koi?

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ finshed pond
Sounds like you have a built in excuse to get a backhoe or mini excavator!!. Koi are in the common carp family but have been bred (originally by the Japanese) for color and markings. You've probably seen them in large ornamental ponds but didn't know what they were. Generally orange and white is the most common but they caome in all different varieties, live about 150 years and will get up to 30 lbs depending on the size of the pond. Very hardy and easy to care for.

/ finshed pond
Sounds like you have a built in excuse to get a backhoe or mini excavator!!. Koi are in the common carp family but have been bred (originally by the Japanese) for color and markings. You've probably seen them in large ornamental ponds but didn't know what they were. Generally orange and white is the most common but they come in all different varieties, live about 150 years and will get up to 30 lbs depending on the size of the pond. Very hardy and easy to care for.