B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck #1  

gatractorman

Silver Member
Tractor
varies never keep one long enough to post here lol
Anyone on this board done this? Over the weekend I acquired a '95 3500HD GMC truck with a nice 11' utility body that I will be using as a mobile service truck. The truck has the much lamented 6.5 turbo diesel (which is blown, making the truck very affordable) and the 5-speed manual.
I found some websites which have to do with this but thought I would ask here first since this is where I visit frequently.
Being a forestry/construction equip. mechanic for the past 16 years I'm quite familiar with the B engine. Except for the late model common rail stuff they are putting in the Dodges now.
However I'm quite the purist anyway I dont want a computer controlled diesel be it Cummins, GM or Ford.
If anyone has any info on this I would be most appreciative, the pics I've saw dont go into detail as far as what has to be done but they do look good under the hood.
E-mail direct to seabolt60@hotmail.com or post here will be fine as well. Thanks

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck #2  
JC , that would be the best thing ever done for one of the 6.5's to jack it up and run a 5.9 under it.Havn't heard from you in a while. Later, Nat

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck #3  
My best advice - www.turbodieselregister.com - They have an entire section devoted to Cummins Diesel Conversions. People putting them in Jeeps, Chev / GMC , Fords , and lots of other stuff. You can browse posts as a non-member , but not post or ask questions. For $35 a year it will be well worth the info you get if you decide to proceed.

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck
Hey Nat, good to run into you again. This is just the shot in the arm this truck needs, I can already tell from what I've been able to gather that it's gonna far exceed what the truck cost LOL. But I figure a bare minimum of $1500 to get the 6.5 going again and get 100k out of it if I'm lucky from what I've heard, so I'd rather throw my money in a different direction.

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck
Thanks dullpain, I'll check them out.

/ B series Cummins into 3500 GMC truck #6  
gatractorman

Please go to www.thedieselpage.com and you will find out what the 6.5L can do and what you an do to it to improve it. I am getting to work over my 93 6.5L TD and have gotting good info from that site.

Vernon