50 WINS Today

/ 50 WINS Today #1  

3RRL

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
Tractor
55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284
Anybody see Tiger Woods win the Buick Open? He won to make it his 50th win on Tour. He's only 30 years old...youngest ever to achieve that accomplishment.
Here's a list of the all time PGA winners. Some great names.
Career Wins on the PGA Tour
Sam Snead - 82
Jack Nicklaus - 73
Ben Hogan - 64
Arnold Palmer - 62
Byron Nelson - 52
Billy Casper - 51
Tiger Woods - 50
Walter Hagen - 44
Cary Middlecoff - 40
Gene Sarazen - 39
Tom Watson - 39

/ 50 WINS Today #2  
Well that didn't take long after his last stoke did it ;<) I watched the last 15 minutes and as he walked up the fairway into the gallery the applause he recieved just show's how much he has done for the game by getting younger people like myself involved in golf. Now I didn't watch the whole thing since I was watching Travis Pastrana try to kill himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02GDd-XOZ0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
   / 50 WINS Today #3  
WhyNot said:
Well that didn't take long after his last stoke did it ;<) I watched the last 15 minutes and as he walked up the fairway into the gallery the applause he recieved just show's how much he has done for the game by getting younger people like myself involved in golf. Now I didn't watch the whole thing since I was watching Travis Pastrana try to kill himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02GDd-XOZ0&mode=related&search=

My wife and I watched that Friday night. That was awesome!

/ 50 WINS Today #4  
You couldn't have written a better script for his 50th win, given his advertising deal with Buick. You think he has a realistic shot at 100 ? I remember right after he got married his game was off a bit (by Tiger standards) and quite a few experts claimed he was done. If he doesn't win 1 of 4 tourneys he is considered to be in a slump. Lots of pressure on him and he handles it with aplomb. Great golfer and seems like a decent guy.

Jonh

/ 50 WINS Today
It's amazing how many people do watch golf on TV that don't play. My Dad was like that...never played but used to watch Arnold Palmer and Gary Player back in the day. I thought that was curious at the time, but there are a lot of people who do that.

Don't know about 100??? In any case, Tiger has been #7 on the All Time Win List since he passed Walter Hagen, 6 wins ago. He only has to win 3 more times to become #5 on the list. Think of all the great players that are behind him already. I think his accomplishments are tremendous. Like you say, with all that pressure on him to do good everytime, I just can't get over the great shots he hits to finish. Man, I don't think I could ever pull the trigger, let alone hit a good shot.