Work boots

/ Work boots #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
This summer the second pair of wally world Brahma work boots fell apart and I decided to try something different - bought pair of desert boots in military supply.

Tip of the hat to the army and army suppliers, I love those boots:)

Now for the winter I need something different, what work boots do you wear and why? I was looking at Timberland and Georgia boots in TSC today - but I am not sure thats really what I need.

Opinions anyone?

/ Work boots #3  
Doc Martin's for me. The most comfortable boot's I have ever worn. Had a pair of red wing's for a week before I tossed them. After about an hour of wearing them I could barely stand oh well just a $120 mistake :) for me but a lot of people I know like them.

/ Work boots #4  
I've had good luck with Wolverine Durashock's from TSC. My boss at work just bought a pair of Wolverine Multishock's and says they are far better than the Durashock. For hunting I have a pair of Rockie Insulated Boots. They are by far more confortable than any other boot I've worn.

James

/ Work boots #5  
If you liked the military boots why not get a pair that is insulated or cold weather duty?

/ Work boots #6  
Last year I picked up a pair of Muck Boots (the Hi-Cut Chore Boot model) at TSC - think were around $70 or so. For working around the property, outside in the mud - or later in the snow they are great. I found them to very comfortable in both hot and cold weather and most important, easy to get on and off quickly.

My oldest son liked them so much after trying mine that he asked for a pair for Christmas.

Attachments

• chore.jpg
    chore.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 220
   / Work boots #7  
For lace-up boots, I prefer Danner.

Something that will make any boot fit much better is a good quality set of footbeds. Our local hiking/camping store sells Sole footbeds, which are heated in the oven for a few minutes and then mold themselves to your feet. A well-spent $40.

For serious mud stomping, a cheap set of rubber ones from the hardware store can't be beat. The kind intended for concrete work.

/ Work boots #8  
Rocky makes the ARMY cold weather boots, Im sure they have other makers. I have a pair of rocky's not Milspec but they are insulated and thye keep those feet warm.

/ Work boots #9  
Try using a pair of silk socks under some heavy wool socks and the same summer boots.

/ Work boots #10  
I have not had very good luck with Wolverines. My first pair was great, the next two pairs died in 1 month and 6 months. My current pair is still going but is only at 3 months so far and is not insulated. The non-insulated boots seem to be better then their insulated ones.

Rocky makes decent insulated boots and are not too expensive.