Large Rolling Tool Chests

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #1  

shovelhead

Tractor
NH TC35A
I am looking to buy a larger rolling tool box and figured this would be the best place to look for advice. I'm replacing a small Sears Craftsman unit that I have outgrown. I like the Snap-On chests, but I can't afford them. One tool chest I am looking at is the Torin brand in the Northern Tool catalog. Has anyone purchased these or have any information about them? The catalog does not specify where they are made, but I suspect like everything else they are from China. I looked at the boxes at Harbor Freight, but they were all dented. What other affordable options do I have? I appreciate any insight y'all may have.

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #2  
CostCo I believe has a nice big one.

There was a nice long discussion about tool chesta=bout 6months - 1 year ago on the forums you might ind it if you do a search.

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #3  
Harborf rieghts stuff is mostly china stuff. I would ask thee clerk for a discount of the dented boxes.

I purchased a walmart box (stack on) same size as the large $300 sears craftsman boxes for about $120, marked down of course from $200.
Very well built but its the only box ive ever owned.

Sams club had some large boxes also.

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #4  
I don't know how big of a box you're looking for, but I bought this stainless one at Sam's for about $650, one of the nicest boxes I've ever had. Really well made and heavy - weighed about 600 lbs empty!

Attachments

• Tool Box 1.JPG
    Tool Box 1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,180
   / Large Rolling Tool Chests #5  
My brother and a friend both have the Costco one, around $600 and it would hold a lot of stuff. Both are real happy.

Have you looked at Home Depot and Lowes, thier tools have a good warranty but I do not know about thier tool boxes.

steve

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #6  
shovelhead said:
I am looking to buy a larger rolling tool box and figured this would be the best place to look for advice. I'm replacing a small Sears Craftsman unit that I have outgrown. I like the Snap-On chests, but I can't afford them. One tool chest I am looking at is the Torin brand in the Northern Tool catalog. Has anyone purchased these or have any information about them? The catalog does not specify where they are made, but I suspect like everything else they are from China. I looked at the boxes at Harbor Freight, but they were all dented. What other affordable options do I have? I appreciate any insight y'all may have.

I have this Craftsman Proffesional tool box. I love it. I just can't wait until I can get the chest to go on top.

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #7  
shovelhead,
I started a thread last fall called SHOW OFF YOUR TOOL BOXS there is a ton of pics on there[and discussion] see if you can pull it up mabey in related topics
ALAN

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #8  
shovelhead, I have a couple older craftsman toolboxes with drawer slides,and they just weren't cutting it, So Home depot was having an after Christmas sale on a Husky Tony Stewart roller bearing box... Its pretty nice and large, I wouldn't be afraid to look at The Husky brand or the Kobalt from lowes and some others as long as they are roller bearing even the sears professional series... But do yourself a favor get a quality box which leaves HF out of the picture;)

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #9  
Shovelhead, I will chime in on the costco and sams toolboxes. I've looked at a lot of boxes, and these are as nice as I've seen and they cost a lot less. They are built heavy and are all stainless outer shells. A word of advice though, the costco one has gone up 100.00 in the last 18 months. From 550 to 650.

/ Large Rolling Tool Chests #10  
I would have to go with the Samsclub box, I have seen them and they are more than impressive in Stainless steel for less than the price of a standard cheap metal box. Go take a look and judge for yourself. And if the membership is a problem? it will pay for itself with the box purchase alone
Jim