Page 102 of 312 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3118
  1. #1011
    Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,776
    Location
    South Central Iowa
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsewill View Post
    I have to disagree with Rob on this one. Socialism is when the fruits of production are distributed equally to all citizens. Getting a break on your taxes means we all participate in providing that tax break. The only place in this country where socialism is being practiced is in Alaska where oil companies provide for the Permanent Fund that distributes payments equally to all its citizens. The disbursements from this fund were dramatically increased by the most socialist governor in recent American history, half-Governor Sarah Palin, passed by one of the most socialist legislatures, firmly in the control of conservative Republicans.

    Too many think it is socialism when the government bails out industries like President Bush did with the big banks, Wall Street, car makers and big insurance. That's just a giveaway to cronies and powerbrokers.
    That is not socialism. Socialism doctrine said that the rewards will be distributed based on persons contribution not equally. It stipulated all people are equal though. In theory it was great promise. The fault of socialism was concentration of power in hands of few "the most deserving" (sarcasm). We used to say that those most deserving were "more equal" than the rest of us. The result was that the top "most equal" people stole billions staffing their Swiss accounts and the rest of the people got just enough to keep them quiet. If you look at USA today you can see the same trend. It is oligarchy in making. Corporations first exported jobs, now they are exporting also know how. The US oil will be next.
    US democracy is in crisis. One party has its hand in pockets of one half and the other party in pockets of the other half of rich people or corporations. Corporations can legally buy the government etc. It is a class warfare out there and the rich are winning.
    So here you have another reason to be independent. Get your own energy.

  2. #1012
    Elite Member Rob-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,078
    Location
    Catskills
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Who knows what Rob D & Rsewell are saying or trying to prove other than they are so misinformed, or just out & out liars. nothing they say can be believed.

    Sound like 2 commies and USA haters - Their Hero is absolutely the worst Pres. in history. Hands down the looser of the century.
    Back to name calling.

    Individual actions are not fragmented. That means if we call people here names we call people in our life names. Our wives, our children, our neighbors, etc. It indicates that we think on an immature level, that we can not formulate cohesive sentences built on logic. So we attempt to bully with labels and name calling. We can not reason that another individual thinks differently than we do and if he or she does they are a liar, commie, etc.

    The root of all this is fear, it is the fear that the reality that we have constructed, and that is being challenged, is wrong. When other individuals disagree with us our fear rises because we don't want to think that our fragile construction of reality is flawed. So we attempt to bully but in reality bullying is a form of cowardice.

    Here's my output from my intertie. The 6002 is watts. That means while I sitting here typing my PV system is generating 6002/746 = 8.04 hp.

    I guess my PV is lying too!

    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -solar-output-jpg  
    Last edited by Rob-D; 05-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.

  3. #1013
    Elite Member Rob-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,078
    Location
    Catskills
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by mostly_gas View Post
    Between non-answered questions and subject changes it is difficult to have certainty.
    He does advocate US reducing carbon emissions to leave "a better planet" but that project lacks so much definition it more resembles a joke than a serious proposition.
    You're late here, we went through this.

    Let's say CC is occurring, what do we do next? We address the problem. How do we address the problem? We address pollution, but wait, pollution is already causing devastating damage to this planet and its inhabitants, so regardless whether we can prove CC or not we still have to fix the problem.
    With that said I could go into a litany of pollution problems from acid rain to leaking coal slurries BUT if you are the American Petroleum Institute what would you rather do, face that fact that fossil fuel is causing massive problems on this planet or find a way to raise questions about GW?

    Let's see, the WHO is telling us that smog an pollution are causing lung problems. What do you think API would rather focus on, the facts of smog and lung problems or the nebulous subject of "alarmists" and "greenies"?

    Rob

  4. #1014
    Elite Member Rob-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,078
    Location
    Catskills
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    That is not socialism. Socialism doctrine said that the rewards will be distributed based on persons contribution not equally. It stipulated all people are equal though. In theory it was great promise. The fault of socialism was concentration of power in hands of few "the most deserving" (sarcasm). We used to say that those most deserving were "more equal" than the rest of us. The result was that the top "most equal" people stole billions staffing their Swiss accounts and the rest of the people got just enough to keep them quiet. If you look at USA today you can see the same trend. It is oligarchy in making. Corporations first exported jobs, now they are exporting also know how. The US oil will be next.
    US democracy is in crisis. One party has its hand in pockets of one half and the other party in pockets of the other half of rich people or corporations. Corporations can legally buy the government etc. It is a class warfare out there and the rich are winning.
    So here you have another reason to be independent. Get your own energy.
    Well said!

    Capitalism driven by a republic is just as pernicious as Capitalism driven by communism.
    Once we gave corporations the rights of the individual we stopped being a republic and started being an oligarchy.

    You can not bribe a government (lobby money) and expect democracy to survive.

    Or as Franklin said," It's a republic, madam, if you can keep it!"

  5. #1015
    Super Member tcreeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,332
    Location
    New England Yankee living in Central Maine
    Tractor
    NH TC30

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    That is not socialism. Socialism doctrine said that the rewards will be distributed based on persons contribution not equally. It stipulated all people are equal though. In theory it was great promise. The fault of socialism was concentration of power in hands of few "the most deserving" (sarcasm). We used to say that those most deserving were "more equal" than the rest of us. The result was that the top "most equal" people stole billions staffing their Swiss accounts and the rest of the people got just enough to keep them quiet. If you look at USA today you can see the same trend. It is oligarchy in making. Corporations first exported jobs, now they are exporting also know how. The US oil will be next.
    US democracy is in crisis. One party has its hand in pockets of one half and the other party in pockets of the other half of rich people or corporations. Corporations can legally buy the government etc. It is a class warfare out there and the rich are winning.
    So here you have another reason to be independent. Get your own energy.
    excellent post!
    2003 NH TC30, 5' International Agritech Bushog, Hiller/Bedder, + miscellaneous and sundry items of use.

  6. #1016
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,001
    Location
    Sunny SW Washington
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    Once we gave corporations the rights of the individual we stopped being a republic and started being an oligarchy.
    The oligarchy understands too well that Fascism is the way for it to maintain itself. The level and types of oppression the oligarchs need to maintain corporate rule hinges daily on the success of their organs of propaganda, and of that science, and of that infrastructure, they have invested heavily. For when these organs eventually fail, and calling this experience, "democracy," no longer flies, their storm troopers are there and at the ready. Then you'll see some class war, baby!
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

  7. #1017
    Veteran Member mostly_gas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,225
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    in-between tractors

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    You're late here, we went through this.

    Let's say CC is occurring, what do we do next? We address the problem. How do we address the problem? We address pollution, but wait, pollution is already causing devastating damage to this planet and its inhabitants, so regardless whether we can prove CC or not we still have to fix the problem.
    With that said I could go into a litany of pollution problems from acid rain to leaking coal slurries BUT if you are the American Petroleum Institute what would you rather do, face that fact that fossil fuel is causing massive problems on this planet or find a way to raise questions about GW?

    Let's see, the WHO is telling us that smog an pollution are causing lung problems. What do you think API would rather focus on, the facts of smog and lung problems or the nebulous subject of "alarmists" and "greenies"?

    Rob
    You have had your say, but have presented a convincing argument.
    Let say we look for OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE of man made climate change.
    Is climate static outside man's influence?

  8. #1018
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,682
    Location
    Northern NY
    Tractor
    Kioti CK27, 1940s Farmall A

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    How do Americans think about climate change? In six different ways. ? Evidence Based Living

    As divisive issues go, global climate change is a bit unusual. Often when there is a controversy, itš—┤ because scientists disagree. However, as far as the human origins of climate change, there is actually almost no debate about the core issue; nearly all scientists, and all major scientific bodies, agree that the climate is changing and the primary causes are "anthropocentric" that is, caused by human activity.


    Objectivity - Scientists or Corporate interests.............

    Loren
    Kioti CK27 gear w/Loader
    1940s Farmall A

    12 acres, wife and dog Phoebe

  9. #1019
    Elite Member houstonscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Location
    Oglesby, Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    Back to name calling.

    Individual actions are not fragmented. That means if we call people here names we call people in our life names. Our wives, our children, our neighbors, etc. It indicates that we think on an immature level, that we can not formulate cohesive sentences built on logic. So we attempt to bully with labels and name calling. We can not reason that another individual thinks differently than we do and if he or she does they are a liar, commie, etc.

    The root of all this is fear, it is the fear that the reality that we have constructed, and that is being challenged, is wrong. When other individuals disagree with us our fear rises because we don't want to think that our fragile construction of reality is flawed. So we attempt to bully but in reality bullying is a form of cowardice.

    Here's my output from my intertie. The 6002 is watts. That means while I sitting here typing my PV system is generating 6002/746 = 8.04 hp.

    I guess my PV is lying too!

    Rob
    Rob

    Lets see your PV panels run my two 7ton A/C's night. You are proving my point, your PV panels wouldn't cut my lawn. Let me try again to explain it to you Rob. It's not about if a PV panel works, they have been working for 50 years, old technology. It's not about a formula that tells your computer how much power you think you are generating. It's not about any of that at all, I guess that's where you don't understand. It's all about price and reliability. People are not going to buy 25 years of part time power up front. It has to be affordable for all people. It has to be reliable and full time. It has to be cheap and simple, not for a self proclaimed genus like yourself. Solar is non of those things and will never supply main power until those things are solved, it does generate a small amount of power but that in it's self doesn't solve power issues. It will remain forever a foot note on the power generating in the USA. Formulas and pv panels on your roof are not proof of anything but how far that technology is from going main stream to supply the power we need no matter what you claim or it would be done. It simply is to expensive, to unreliable, for any serous consideration except for solving remote situational power needs.

    HS
    Last edited by houstonscott; 05-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.

  10. #1020
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,217
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    "Let's see, the WHO is telling us that smog an pollution are causing lung problems. What do you think API would rather focus on, the facts of smog and lung problems or the nebulous subject of "alarmists" and "greenies"?

    Rob"

    Here ya go again.

    Maybe If man made CC is warming the earth. ? Maybe we are saving ourselves from Global Cooling. Far worse than warming. Just imagine another Ice Age, Glaciers covering Canada, on down to NY City and farther.

    Talk about burning fossil fuel of all types and massive pollution, millions of people killed and much of the world devastated.

    Rob D
    I just love how you distort things and reality.
    When I talked about moving houses, they were not mobile homes or house trailers. That was in the late 40's & early 50's. For your weak mind, they were Stick Built. At our mining claims we moved an almost 100 year old house on to them.

    With all the energy that you are creating, why do you need to use mercury filled bulbs made in China? Those are so popular that the Habi Store here has cases of them at 2 bulbs for a buck. Lot of people in there shopping and no 1 buying them.

    On your rant about how great you are, all the wonderful things you have done and invented, patented. It figures out that you must be close to a 120 years old.

    Just love how the greenies & warmies think moving pollution to somewhere else makes it go away. Coal, & other fossil fuel not used here, will be sent to places like China where pollution controls are almost non existent.

    Any one that conserves differently that does not fit into their narrow ideas of conservation is are Wrong.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

    New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Page 102 of 312 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.