Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,101  
I have been waiting for you to explain your free electricity.

Rebates, incentives, government subsidization... it was only 'free' to him. Taxpayers, co-op customers etc are the ones who actually paid for his system.

/ Global Warming? #1,102  
Rebates, incentives, government subsidization... it was only 'free' to him. Taxpayers, co-op customers etc are the ones who actually paid for his system.

Red Neck says it only cost us $128.00 per family. Isn't that nice, maybe we should pay a little more. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Global Warming? #1,103  
If you are willing to do your own work, generating power with NG running a one cylinder generator is the cheapest power you could install at your property. Recovering the heat from the exhaust to heat water and space. However you would have to run the system yourself, and there would be times you are down for maintenance but this is by far the cheapest thing you could do if you are capable operating and maintaining it. As all this natural gas comes online from fracking it will only get cheaper, and it's very clean too.

HS

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #1,104  
Very Good Rob.:thumbsup:

Lets see ... I can think of three major factors in gas behavior, temperature, pressure and partial pressure the the observed gas. What is going to change the behavior of the gas that cannot be provided for in the lab?

It's not the behavior of the gas it's the unknowns that affect it. We know how a gas behaves.

Do we know what the temperature of the planet would be without the gas? No.

/ Global Warming? #1,105  
If you are willing to do your own work, generating power with NG running a one cylinder generator is the cheapest power you could install at your property. Recovering the heat from the exhaust to heat water and space. However you would have to run the system yourself, and there would be times you are down for maintenance but this is by far the cheapest thing you could do if you are capable operating and maintaining it. As all this natural gas comes online from fracking it will only get cheaper, and it's very clean too.

HS

It's not a "clean" process, you have to add the extraction, the polluted groundwater, earthquakes, etc. You literally blow up the ground and then pump "proprietary chemicals back in where the gas came from. There's a reason the fracking corporations don't want to tell us what those chemicals are!

The cheap 'come on' will get expensive pretty fast once people get hooked on gas just like fossil fuel. Or do you think those gas prices are going to drop?

Good luck with that.

We have Norse from Scandinavia wanting to come in here and take trillions of dollars of gas out of the state. why are we giving away our resources? My congressman hides in a corner when I ask him that question.

You want to talk about America buying from China, this is just as bad.

Rob

/ Global Warming? #1,106  
Just love the round circle thinking of the Real Experts. Just keep going in circles and counterdicting yourselves.

Solar 10 / 15 years ago, clear back to 1983 and they are all still working at at least 90%. Wow a hole 90% of 75 watts. About 1 light bulb.

In the Last 10 years they are now putting out 250 watts.
If memory is correct I said "10 years ago solar panels were not much good. Isn't great they are still working. How many acres did you have to clear to put those suckers in?? All the stuff needed to make them even work is no longer needed. What did you do with all that junk that is not needed now???

Global Warming became "Climate Change" when it was found out all the Warmie scientists were faking data to support their claims.

Rob D
Now for about the 3rd time. Tell me how much worse global warming is than global cooling. Global Cooling in my mind would be far worse, so if were are warming maybe it will save our butts.

Links - links - links - What side of what do you want me to come down on, there is a link to support it.

I can and do think for myself, which it appears most of you greenies don't. As said before if being energy efficient does not fit into your Narrow Idea of what is green its no good.

How much used / recycled lumber & steel did you use when building your house and stands for your solar panels??? While I am using 1 PU you will go through several of you little green Subbies.

How much cleaner was it to move a house (stick built) than to build a new 1??? Building with Adobe self made (for you uninformed that's a Dirt brick) is a pretty green thing. Also walls made of them are what is considered "Passive Solar". Day time heat slowly comes in during night time cooling.

Said this before - try to hear it this time. I am no fan of Oil co's, was really screwed by ARCO many years ago.

With that said, Oil co's pay more taxes to the government than any other single industry. They are the single largest employer in the USA.

Gotta quit for now the Mexican Air Force is strafing my yard.

You're 100% correct. (probably more)

Rob

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #1,107  
It's not the behavior of the gas it's the unknowns that affect it. We know how a gas behaves.

Do we know what the temperature of the planet would be without the gas? No.
That's where research comes in. I thought you said you knew how science works. I really want to hear what people are telling MIGHT affect gas behavior.

/ Global Warming? #1,108  
That's where research comes in. I thought you said you knew how science works. I really want to hear what people are telling MIGHT affect gas behavior.

Than go do an internet search.

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #1,109  
Crash - My few thousand dollars worth of solar panels supply about 90% of my electricity requirement. I don't use much compared to most. This should not be threatening or difficult to understand. At home I do not put any pressure on the Grid or the need for its upgrade or expansion. I received no direct subsidy for the purchase of the solar panels or the inverter, regulator, etc. Most of my panels have been in use for more than 15 years. It is doable and affordable. Its been paid for for a long time and will continue to produce for many years. It is seldom that a panel will suddenly fail. They just slowly decrease in efficiency and I believe the fact is they are producing at a much higher efficiency than was predicted when they were manufactured.

By the way, my wife has stayed so far (41 years) and we raised two sons who are employed (teacher and mechanical engineer) and my dog Phoebe seems well adjusted. Its really ok to do things a little different than most.;)

I use a few LED lights that are very efficient - so my 75 watt panel will produce enough for about 6 bulbs - and we often run 2 at a time - one for me and one for my wife - we leave Phoebe in the dark. Remember that our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution with no light bulbs. Its not UnAmerican to use little electricity.

Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,110  
Everything ... physical ie space occupied by gas etc,etc, and chemical ie reactivity to other substances etc,etc. It was an all inclusive term back when I studied gas behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.