Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,241  
What ever you do, do not tell him that George Bush put a lot of federal money into wind power if you care you can Google it.
I believe it is suppose to be a secret.

/ Global Warming? #1,242  
What ever you do, do not tell him that George Bush put a lot of federal money into wind power if you care you can Google it.
I believe it is suppose to be a secret.

Gee, all along I thought the big secret of the Bush administration was WMDs!

/ Global Warming? #1,243  
For those of you who think wind energy doesn't work (I'm sure there are a lot of energy corporations who love that you think that), I disagree:

ERCOT sets new wind record two consecutive days

"Wind output reached 7,599 MW at 8:41 p.m., Wednesday, March 7, exceeding the 7,403 MW record from the previous day, March 6, by 196 MW. Prior to March 6, the record for wind output in ERCOT was 7,400 MW, recorded on Oct. 7, 2011.

At the time of Wednesday's record, wind was supplying 22 percent of the total system load, 34,318 MW."

--------------------------------------------------------

Locknut, how's that baiting thing working for you?

Rob

It's working pretty good.You've got your own little system and that's nice.Where do you think the energy came from to make all those components you built your system from? Windmills,solar panels? Of course not.

Widespread Wind and solar power are NOT sustainable no matter how large you make it.Have you ever thought about that?

It does not have the the power density to SUSTAIN its own infrastructure.

You should spend more time on the science blogs for the bigger picture.

/ Global Warming? #1,244  
It's working pretty good.You've got your own little system and that's nice.Where do you think the energy came from to make all those components you built your system from? Windmills,solar panels? Of course not.

Widespread Wind and solar power are NOT sustainable no matter how large you make it.Have you ever thought about that?

2 Whole days of power. - Isn't that just great. I am "Totally" impressed.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Global Warming? #1,245  

I hope you're not trying to tell me that we can't use wind and PV to make more wind and PV.
I posted a link from International Rectifier's trade journal elsewhere here that stated that the energy used to make a PV module is recovered in the first year of use with 29 years of energy produced after that.

Energy is energy, the energy from algae that is today's fossil fuel was a product of the sun, not only is it not self sustaining but it is a consumable.

Here's the blog I'm spending time on: I'm getting ready to order more PV to supplement my system that's already in. It will cost me a $1.20 a watt before incentives and between that PV and the wind mills I'm building I'll be heating my house with a monetary recovery of two to three years at current oil prices and we all know oil prices aren't going to rise.

How's your heating cooling bill working out?

There's so much misinformation and bad press out about alternatives because groups that want to control the energy you buy don't want to see you independent of their grip. They spread media pabulum and it shows up in posts here where people simply parrot their hype. Congratulations, go read the work of a guy named Ed Bernays, he showed the corporate world that people don't make decisions on logic and reason but emotions.

What do you think the pioneers of this country did, twaddle away their lives watching some jamoke run up and down a field with a ball? They were too busy finding out about the world for themselves. We spend millions upon millions of dollars for sports, make these buffoons who can't complete a sentence heroes while we pay exorbitant amounts of money for the gas in our cars.

What's wrong with this picture? Ed Bernays would be proud!

Rob

/ Global Warming? #1,246  
2 Whole days of power. - Isn't that just great. I am "Totally" impressed.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Apparently you missed the part about 22 percent of the system load. If we had been developing wind and PV instead of using coal and oil the figures would be reversed.
But let me ask you too, I already have free electricity and I'll be heating my house with alternatives that will recoup in two to three years, what's your plan? Keep paying for oil but make sure not to miss the super bowl?

Rob

/ Global Warming? #1,247  
Apparently you missed the part about 22 percent of the system load. If we had been developing wind and PV instead of using coal and oil the figures would be reversed.
But let me ask you too, I already have free electricity and I'll be heating my house with alternatives that will recoup in two to three years, what's your plan? Keep paying for oil but make sure not to miss the super bowl?

Rob

AH - Rob D. Mister self proclaimed expert on life, world and all things electrical. Who does not mind stretching the truth if it fits into need to tell other people what to do and how to live. Your view of life is so very, very narrow and anyone that does not fit into YOUR mold is wrong.

So you had 2 days of wind power and it supplied 22% of your load. I'm still very impressed.

Looks like you are so busy keeping you power system up, working & running that you resent people that watch sports. Everyone, in your opinion should be out there building or Fixing their power system.

Just a little reality, without coal and other fossil fuel, you could not have built any of your fine system. Maybe your plastic solar panels are made out of crude oil.

One post you say you paid for it all yourself. Another you talk about the incentives & tax credits you used or got.

Another big lie a while back 'Coal has to be transported 1500 miles to many coal plants. There is no plant getting its coal from that distance.

If wind & solar are so good and cheap, why do power company's that use it charge more than those using coal or natural gas????

One thing you have never addressed is how much worse global warming is than global Cooling. What ya gonna do if Global Cooling starts. Another Mini Ice Age would be a much larger problem than the current warming.

/ Global Warming? #1,248  
So you had 2 days of wind power and it supplied 22% of your load. I'm still very impressed.

He was talking about a utility grid in Texas where the windmills provided 22% of the entire area's load.

/ Global Warming? #1,249  
AH - Rob D. Mister self proclaimed expert on life, world and all things electrical. Who does not mind stretching the truth if it fits into need to tell other people what to do and how to live. Your view of life is so very, very narrow and anyone that does not fit into YOUR mold is wrong.

Looks like you are so busy keeping you power system up, working & running that you resent people that watch sports. Everyone, in your opinion should be out there building or Fixing their power system.

Just a little reality, without coal and other fossil fuel, you could not have built any of your fine system. Maybe your plastic solar panels are made out of crude oil.

One post you say you paid for it all yourself. Another you talk about the incentives & tax credits you used or got.

Another big lie a while back 'Coal has to be transported 1500 miles to many coal plants. There is no plant getting its coal from that distance.

If wind & solar are so good and cheap, why do power company's that use it charge more than those using coal or natural gas????

One thing you have never addressed is how much worse global warming is than global Cooling. What ya gonna do if Global Cooling starts. Another Mini Ice Age would be a much larger problem than the current warming.

No, you're not getting it. You're saying alternatives don't work so I ask what your solution is?

I'm making a comparison. I don't know who won the ball game but I have free electricity and will have free heat by next year. It's called priorities, I figure the things I want to do for pure enjoyment should come after the things that I do that make my life better ,simpler and less expensive. So, one more time, what's you solution to rising fuel and electricity costs. I'll bet you know who won the super bowl but I'll also bet you pay an electric bill. Get it!

No, not me 22% of ERCOT's load!

Yes, I got a grant, that I went after and applied for on my intertie, my off grid system was paid for by me with a 30% back from the government. If I didn't get the 30% back I would have still put it in.

PV is people power, when I put a system in corporate energy doesn't make a monthly profit from me, they don't have a ring through my nose that they yank on every time they raise my cost. What's you solution to that? What are you doing for your family to stop paying a monthly electric bill? You don't like PV so what's your answer?

You haven't given me any answers except burning wood that you have to buy gas to cut. This year I'll completely stop buying fuel oil for my heat, I would think that an intelligent person wouldn't be negative but would ask, "How can I do that." People ask me that everyday but there are always people who would rather sit in the dark and be naysayers. That's called cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

So for the last time, what's your solution? Keep buying oil from the people who want to terrorize us? Fighting wars to procure the oil to keep living our extravagant life styles? We have 5% or the world's population and use 25% of the world's energy, I'd call that extravagant.

I think this country is in dire trouble, read Gibbon on the fall of the Roman Empire, we're paralleling them and we better think about what to do about that.

You think we shouldn't subsidize new technology than what should we do? Electronics is my field and the advances coming out with renewables today are tremendous but if you think I'm wrong show me data proving your point.

You can't simply call people who disagree with you liars, that's intellectual bankruptcy, you have to actually make a sound statement based on reason. I've been in this field for over 50 years and you're trying to tell me I'm wrong? OK prove it!

Rob

/ Global Warming? #1,250  
He was talking about a utility grid in Texas where the windmills provided 22% of the entire area's load.

Don't confuse him with facts, his mind is made up!

Status
Not open for further replies.