Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #141  
Trev said:
There appears to be an even more thorny problem for those who believe the climate changes we're seeing are caused by humans -- the changes appear to be happening in about the same way throughout the entire solar system.

Look at Mars; "global warming", huge storms, disappearance of the polar ice caps. Look at Pluto. Name a planet. Any planet. Look at what's happening with the sun.

Whatever one's beliefs about the causes, or even the existence, of climate change, it's seems a stretch to blame all of this on us. :)

I think they demoted Pluto to nothing more then a chunk of debris. Poor Pluto...

/ Global Warming? #142  
Welcome back Bob.:D Update???:D

Don't muddy facts with facts, it gets confusing.

But I do like breathing clean air, drinking clean water and seeing rain that is not acidic. Of course when the earths internal systems belch out vast quanities of matter this just may be beyond our control!:D

/ Global Warming? #143  
Plant more trees, that is what we do! :D

It only costs about $4 to purchase tree seedlings to offset a ton of carbon, and about $80 to offset the 20 tons of carbon the average American generates in one year. Each tree absorbs more than a ton of carbon over a 100-year life cycle.

Remember, most of the anthropromorphic hot air originates in Washington, D.C.......... :eek:

/ Global Warming? #144  
SkyPup said:

It only costs about $4 to purchase tree seedlings to offset a ton of carbon, and about $80 to offset the 20 tons of carbon the average American generates in one year. Each tree absorbs more than a ton of carbon over a 100-year life cycle.

Remember, most of the anthropromorphic hot air originates in Washington, D.C.......... :eek:
Need to build a bubble over Washington with a vent pipe pointed at a wind turbine, free electricity.

/ Global Warming? #145  
There was a program on over the weekend that's related to this thread. Experts cut an ice core over 2 miles deep and pulled it up for evaluation. This ice core spanned tens of thousands of years. These geologists' findings stated that it's more typical in earth's history for there to be large swings in average temperatures (say 20 degrees over 10 years) that altered plant and animal life than for the constant temperatures we've experienced over the last several thousand years. Their conclusion is that we've had no impact on climate.

Interesting thread to say the least.

/ Global Warming? #146  
SkyPup said:

Excellent approach. I am going to do the same.

/ Global Warming? #147  
See, even some good can materalize out of a "politically incorrect" debate!!! :D

/ Global Warming? #148  
N80 said:
Excellent approach. I am going to do the same.

When's the best time to plant a tree?

20 years ago.

/ Global Warming? #149  
Right now when they are generally dormant.

/ Global Warming? #150  
Best time to plant tree....

Right now (when dorman). Is typical. However, based on experience, it is best not to plant a frozen tree. Also Magnolia's dont mind moving in August.

I agree plant a tree. I have planted a few in my yard.

Most of you can contact your state forestry department. Right now they usually have things like 500 Oak saplings (12-18") Bareroot for something like 50 cents each ($25.00 for a bundle). Pines, etc.... I know from Experience GA, and Alabama do this. I am sure other states do as well.

Last time I googled I think I used Department of Foresty (state) Bare Root

Status
Not open for further replies.