Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,511  
Again, let me restate my position on GW/CC. I'm not especially concerned whether it is provable or not. In fact I've said before here that to know 100% for sure we would need a control group, that is we would need to see the planet simultaneously with and without man's influence. This, of course, is not possible.
So, is the Alaskan town's perma-frost melting because of CC or not? We can make hypothesis and we can collect data but we can not be 100% sure, although there are people who believe it is occurring.
My view is that we address world pollution which is occurring and causing devastating damage to this planet. We could debate GW until our ears fall off and let's say we proved it 100%, what would we have to do next? We would have to address the pollution that is causing it. So let's cut to the chase and work on our planet. Now, who doesn't want to hear that? Do you think the oil companies and Massey Coal want to change the way they do business? I don't.
Deciding whether GW exists is not what is happening here, what is happening here is that we don't want to make changes to our messy life style. If we can cast a shadow on CC than we can go on life as usual and that is exactly what corporate energy wants. That's why the API spends big bucks lobbying congress. That's why we have unscrubed coal stacks acidifying our oceans.

You're proud to be from the south? Well how do you feel about Massey Industries raping the people and land of WV? One of the poorest states and one of the wealthiest companies. Don Blankenship walked away with lots of millions of dollars, the people of WV walked away with higher cancer rates.

Rob

While West Virginia is not a southern state, per their own choice, I'm against corporate abuse in WV, Michigan, NC, or CA. Maryland by the way, is a southern state though most don't realize it. I'm from North Carolina, though. :D

I agree on pollution, it's devastating where left unchecked and if the UN really is interested in real problems and not politics they would heavily sanction India, The Philippines, China and all the other unregulated polluters of the world!;)

/ Global Warming? #1,512  
You forgot to mention it is the USA number one exported product( some one making a lot of money in the name of energy independence), as well as the cleaning technology used for those country's that receive our exported coal.
Also due to coal we have plenty of dead lakes in the upper Ohio valley due to the emissions.

/ Global Warming? #1,513  
You forgot to mention it is the USA number one exported product( some one making a lot of money in the name of energy independence), as well as the cleaning technology used for those country's that receive our exported coal.
Also due to coal we have plenty of dead lakes in the upper Ohio valley due to the emissions.

If China or India wanted to buy our rotten meat, then we should sell it to them. If they choose to pollute all their waterways with it it's not our responsibility as sellers. However, as part of the world community it is their responsibility to clean up their own pollution. If every industrialized country were per capita as clean as we are, the world would be a much cleaner place. We cannot shoulder the burden alone while others go about pollution business as usual.

/ Global Warming? #1,514  
Just a little note on China.
China produces around 5 times as much coal as the USA. It is the largest producer (miner ) of coal on the planet.
Also the largest polluter on the planet.

They do want our crude oil, but I don't think they want our coal.

/ Global Warming? #1,515  
You think you are free? Tomorrow corporate oil decides to charge you 25 dollars a gallon for your gas and 50 dollars a gallon for home heating oil. What do you do? You are owned by a system. Freedom is an aspect of the individual, not the society and certainly not the government. Freedom is in autonomy, if you can establish autonomy you have a chance at individual freedom. When corporate oil has a noose around your neck the last thing you are is free. When pharmaceutical companies lock you into drugs for your entire life you are not free. Think about that.

We live in a corporate oligarchy. You can't have corporations pouring billions of dollars (bribes) into a government and have that government be a government of the people.

Addressing world pollution is an individual action, that is how it will change.

"Massive change is entirely dependent upon individual action"

MK Gandhi

Do I think I'm free? Nope. Do I have more Liberty then citizens of other countries? Yes absolutely -- and I've been to 13 of them and lived in a few (so not just visiting).

The rest of your point is lost on me. I mean I get your 'big oil is bad' point but then do you not also believe 'big government is bad' too? Or do you think evil men only serve in corporations and only good and honest men serve in government?

I'd rather take my chances with Big Oil then Big Government by the way -- after all, I can choose to walk and use wood heat but I can't choose not to pay taxes to support some cooks idea that we can save the world from evil simply by redistributing wealth and giving up liberty.

/ Global Warming? #1,516  
This big issue is not global warming or climate change. The climate is never static it is always changing. The main issue is "man" effecting the climate? The definitive answer to that no matter how you feel about change is "there is no evidence" to prove man is effecting climate change or even could. That issue is settled science. Now the argument is "is it cooling or warming" no one really knows yet.

HS

Agreed!

/ Global Warming? #1,517  
Do I think I'm free? Nope. Do I have more Liberty then citizens of other countries? Yes absolutely -- and I've been to 13 of them and lived in a few (so not just visiting).

The rest of your point is lost on me. I mean I get your 'big oil is bad' point but then do you not also believe 'big government is bad' too? Or do you think evil men only serve in corporations and only good and honest men serve in government?

I'd rather take my chances with Big Oil then Big Government by the way -- after all, I can choose to walk and use wood heat but I can't choose not to pay taxes to support some cooks idea that we can save the world from evil simply by redistributing wealth and giving up liberty.

But.... But..... But..... If we do not support big government, how are the libs going to be able to mandate all of us into submission?

/ Global Warming? #1,518  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...89d1341713316-global-warming-evidence_co2.jpg

Dang facts.

Houstonscott - the thing absent from all of your posts, hailing "facts", are facts. Because you say something does not make it true (you state no facts nor do you offer proof) - it just makes it your opinion and those are rather cheap. And cheap comes from people that have "no" credentials. Post a fact and surprise the dickens out of us.

/ Global Warming? #1,519  

Dead lakes?
Did the libs shoot all of them with guns they tried to take away from free men in PA?

Indiana's lakes are as healthy as I have ever seen them. Go figure...... wait oh yea Indiana is a red state, we prolly didn't let the libs take our guns

Status
Not open for further replies.