Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,601  
Golly; here "I" thought that the "I- anything" meant it was a pure post without the benefit of Pat's input!:thumbsup:

I really didn't care what his reference was, iSaw the opportunity and iRan with it!:thumbsup:

/ Global Warming? #1,602  
I agree totally with ya'll, how could the lefty's ever believe a world world population of 7,026,663,968, many still chinking stones much as the flintsones did, could possibly be damaging the atmosphere. Let alone with such a small percentage of weather keeping. They really must be nuts!

/ Global Warming? #1,603  
I agree totally with ya'll, how could the lefty's ever believe a world world population of 7,026,663,968, many still chinking stones much as the flintsones did, could possibly be damaging the atmosphere. Let alone with such a small percentage of weather keeping. They really must be nuts!

Perhaps you can be more clear about what you think is actionable regarding population growth.

/ Global Warming? #1,604  
Fair enough, Newbury. I don't know which of us is older, you or me, but I have seen wrongdoing in the name of nearly everything, so I can't assign that to entire classes, or systems, since no class or system seems to be immune.
No, it is not assigned to a class. It is a matter of setting a priority. Which results in the greatest degree of harm- that is the one addressed 1st. Assessing the harm as this forum shows- is an impossibility- from GMO's to global warming.

The consensus is that the weather is been disrupting business as usual- re storms and high heat Is any future planning required to minimize this potential pattern? -tornado proof building, flood management, energy infrastructure improvements, shifting agricultural production out of drought zones, re-zoning coastal areas for storm damage?

I am assuming the tbn consensus on these questions is no. But I thought I would raise it.

/ Global Warming? #1,605  
The consensus is that the weather is been disrupting business as usual- re storms and high heat Is any future planning required to minimize this potential pattern? -tornado proof building, flood management, energy infrastructure improvements, shifting agricultural production out of drought zones, re-zoning coastal areas for storm damage?

Can't you decide all those things for yourself? Make up your own mind, and stop waiting for more consensus, or more likely, more government.

/ Global Warming? #1,606  
Can't you decide all those things for yourself? Make up your own mind, and stop waiting for more consensus, or more likely, more government.
I've decided, as you can guess!
But I suppose: Is any future planning required to minimize this potential pattern? -tornado proof building, flood management, energy infrastructure improvements, shifting agricultural production out of drought zones, re-zoning coastal areas for storm damage? is meaningless to you! - What I expected!

/ Global Warming? #1,607  
The actual number of, or more accurately the amount of life sustaining material needed by carbon based life forms has changed virtual zero since 100 million years ago. Dinosaurs were here then along with reptiles and who knows what else, the earth was much warmer and volcanoes were very active and the atmosphere was nearly identical in pollutants. How would AGW proponents explain that?

/ Global Warming? #1,608  
I've decided, as you can guess!
But I suppose: Is any future planning required to minimize this potential pattern? -tornado proof building, flood management, energy infrastructure improvements, shifting agricultural production out of drought zones, re-zoning coastal areas for storm damage? is meaningless to you! - What I expected!

You've decided about AGW obviously, but have you decided whose job it is to do your planning to assure your survival and prosperity. Do we need to reach consensus about whether you need a tornado shelter or whether solar would be good for you? Your overall statements are not that meaningful to me, but I am trying to draw you out to get you to say exactly what in the heck you want from the rest of us. If you just want to chat, that's fine, but you are typically churning for change, but I disagree frequently with the changes you wish to make. So, it is not odd that I would want you to say explicitly what your future tornado cellar has to do with me.

Some of you folks who say you share the consensus don't act like it. You imply others who have eyes and ears and use both to observe you are dumb. If it is real, do real things, and if it is just a desire to express your ideological dogma, "as you were."

/ Global Warming? #1,609  
You've decided about AGW obviously, but have you decided whose job it is to do your planning to assure your survival and prosperity. Do we need to reach consensus about whether you need a tornado shelter or whether solar would be good for you? Your overall statements are not that meaningful to me, but I am trying to draw you out to get you to say exactly what in the heck you want from the rest of us. If you just want to chat, that's fine, but you are typically churning for change, but I disagree frequently with the changes you wish to make. So, it is not odd that I would want you to say explicitly what your future tornado cellar has to do with me.

Some of you folks who say you share the consensus don't act like it. You imply others who have eyes and ears and use both to observe you are dumb. If it is real, do real things, and if it is just a desire to express your ideological dogma, "as you were."

In Maine- there is little happening as a result of higher tems. More AC's and a few smaller tornadoes- but that is all.
We are not losing the power for weeks at a time- don't even in the winter. The power companies do a good job of keeping lines clear. Has all of WV gotten their power back? We don't have mile wide tornadoes starting in January- for the whole summer. Hurricanes are rare here- Tropical storms don't do any damage here- unlike the last one. Our roads don't buckle in the heat. Local potato farmers the last 3 years have been building irrigation ponds and installing more systems for their fields after the drought of a couple of years ago left some fields dry. There are no 3 digit temps to worry about. But are folks living where that is happening- planning and adjusting to deal with it (like our potato farmers) or are they looking the other way and ignoring it? I think NOAH came up with a new series of tornado warnings- but could be wrong.
.....How can you lose the power in the summer for how many weeks? That is just dumb.

/ Global Warming? #1,610  
.....How can you lose the power in the summer for how many weeks? That is just dumb.

Probably a combination of bad weather and deferred maintenance. I'd hate to call it dumb since kicking them when their are down does nothing for them or me.

Status
Not open for further replies.