Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,681  
I gave up talking global warming with the deniers. It is all about politics to them. None of them have much understanding of the ideas behind global warming, being only one or two steps removed from creationism. Science represents philosophy to their way of thinking (or rumor), ungrounded in reality. Being absolutists, they are looking for the grail and fail to understand why a "universal" such as gravity can be referred to as a theory. Without the natural inclination to juggle factors, it all appears to be an inconclusive toss up to them- as they fail to understand that's how science works. Good people, but out in right field- waiting for that homer from heaven.

Say these magic words: greenland is melting, what mini-iceage, man is 70% responsible for global warming --- then watch the pot boil! ...oh and remind them that it is hotter than it used to be:cool2::laughing::cool2:

/ Global Warming? #1,682  
I gave up talking global warming with the deniers. It is all about politics to them. None of them have much understanding of the ideas behind global warming, being only one or two steps removed from creationism. Science represents philosophy to their way of thinking (or rumor), ungrounded in reality. Being absolutists, they are looking for the grail and fail to understand why a "universal" such as gravity can be referred to as a theory. Without the natural inclination to juggle factors, it all appears to be an inconclusive toss up to them- as they fail to understand that's how science works. Good people, but out in right field- waiting for that homer from heaven.

Say these magic words: greenland is melting, what mini-iceage, man is 70% responsible for global warming --- then watch the pot boil! ...oh and remind them that it is hotter than it used to be:cool2::laughing::cool2:

TC I asked many science based questions, nobody, not you not Rob, not Loren etc have answered them.
If there is any science then do me the courtesy of using science to answer them. The science has not proven climate change is man made period.

/ Global Warming? #1,683  
Loren49 said:
Toppop52 quote "Then explain why the past events were virtually identical with some variation in temp and timing between events which seems consistent over eons? No 7 billion then. "

Earth was not inhabited by mammals in those days...our release of CO2 back into the atmosphere may be accelerating a return to those conditions.

Loren

I believe man inhabited earth in the 30's, the Medieval Warming Period, and several other major warming periods. There is no genuine reason to believe that although dozens and perhaps hundreds of such events have occurred over the history of mankind, this one and only this one is different. Totally illogical Mr. Spock.

/ Global Warming? #1,684  
tcreeley said:

You can't answer, you can't prove so resort to condescension. That is certainly the scientific way, at least the liberal scientific way.
It's amazing how narcissism goes hand in hand with liberalism! At least it makes you all predictable.

/ Global Warming? #1,685  
tcreeley said:

A lack of ability to deal leads to you and most other liberals, resorting to narcissistic condescension. It's just what you do.

/ Global Warming? #1,686  
A lack of ability to deal leads to you and most other liberals, resorting to narcissistic condescension. It's just what you do.

Now there is some information!

All them folk holding mirrors and inadvertently putting sunshine energy where it doesn't normally go. Combine all the mini hotspots and then you have a big one.:):2cents:

/ Global Warming? #1,687  
Now there is some information!

All them folk holding mirrors and inadvertently putting sunshine energy where it doesn't normally go. Combine all the mini hotspots and then you have a big one.:):2cents:

Sounds like a man with years of experience at aiming that mirror perfectly to illuminate that **** pore, congrats on your marksmanship! I bet it took a lot of practice. :thumbsup:

/ Global Warming? #1,688  
I gave up talking global warming with the deniers. It is all about politics to them. None of them have much understanding of the ideas behind global warming, being only one or two steps removed from creationism. Science represents philosophy to their way of thinking (or rumor), ungrounded in reality. Being absolutists, they are looking for the grail and fail to understand why a "universal" such as gravity can be referred to as a theory. Without the natural inclination to juggle factors, it all appears to be an inconclusive toss up to them- as they fail to understand that's how science works. Good people, but out in right field- waiting for that homer from heaven. Say these magic words: greenland is melting, what mini-iceage, man is 70% responsible for global warming --- then watch the pot boil! ...oh and remind them that it is hotter than it used to be:cool2::laughing::cool2:

Ya have to consider the source, and if they do any real farming, its just a matter of time before they have a real interest in whats happening in the world around them. I am quite sure many are mortaged to the hilt, and as many have seen, this summer will fall pretty well short of record harvest in veggies, and fruits. Mr. Banker will have them right where he wants them, the good old days of a handshake in the banker's world are long gone.
Use the ignore buttons in you dashboard, works wonders. There are many here that have their hand in the oil industry, and thats is what they are trying to sell more of than fruits and veggies. Take a good look at the comments, then look at the location, you'll figure it out. I put toppop out to pasture long ago as he wants to turn everything into a political topic, also seems to be more involved in oil than any real work.
cool2::laughing::cool2:

/ Global Warming? #1,689  

:laughing: At you...(not with you)....and your dogmatic megalomania...rant on 'Oh toothless one'

/ Global Warming? #1,690  
Sounds like a man with years of experience at aiming that mirror perfectly to illuminate that **** pore, congrats on your marksmanship! I bet it took a lot of practice. :thumbsup:

Would you be making an attempt at insinuation or are you talking self experience?:laughing: :eek:

Or did your mirror "crack side to side?":confused2::drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.