Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #161  
Contrary to the opinion of some Ludites there are some scientists doing real research into climate change. Scientists who are not prostitutes for their money source.

Carbon dioxide is 'driving fish crazy'
Posted: 20 Jan 2012 03:42 PM PST
Rising human carbon dioxide emissions may be affecting the brains and central nervous system of sea fishes with serious consequences for their survival, an international scientific team has found. Carbon dioxide concentrations predicted to occur in the ocean by the end of this century will interfere with fishes' ability to hear, smell, turn and evade predators, says a professor.

Ecologists gain insight into the likely consequences of global warming
Posted: 20 Jan 2012 03:30 PM PST
A new insight into the impact that warmer temperatures could have across the world has been uncovered by scientists.

Biodiversity crisis is worse than climate change, experts say
Posted: 19 Jan 2012 10:03 PM PST
Biodiversity is declining rapidly throughout the world. The challenges of conserving the world's species are perhaps even larger than mitigating the negative effects of global climate change, experts say.

Major study of ocean acidification helps scientists evaluate effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide on marine life
Posted: 23 Jan 2012 01:33 PM PST
Might a penguin's next meal be affected by the exhaust from your tailpipe? The answer may be yes, when you add your exhaust fumes to the total amount of carbon dioxide lofted into the atmosphere by humans since the industrial revolution. One-third of that carbon dioxide is absorbed by the world's oceans, making them more acidic and affecting marine life.

Injecting sulfate particles into stratosphere won't fully offset climate change
Posted: 25 Jan 2012 11:22 AM PST
New research demonstrates that one suggested method of geoengineering the atmosphere to deal with climate change, injecting sulfate particles into the stratosphere, probably would have limited success.

Turtles' mating habits protect against effects of climate change
Posted: 24 Jan 2012 05:01 PM PST
The mating habits of marine turtles may help to protect them against the effects of climate change. The study shows how the mating patterns of a population of endangered green turtles may be helping them deal with the fact that global warming is leading to a disproportionate number of females being born.

Can the economy bear what oil prices have in store?
Posted: 26 Jan 2012 07:36 PM PST
The economic pain of a flattening oil supply will ***** the environment as a reason to curb the use of fossil fuels, say scientists.

'Missing' Heat May Affect Future Climate Change
NASA Studies How Airborne Particles Affect Climate Change
Clouds And Climate Change: CERES Flight Model Moves Toward Launch

Get the latest daily dose of science on many topics!!

Science News Daily

Pat

/ Global Warming? #162  
We planted 14 pine seedlings. Soon there were 3. Then an idiot neighbor started a fire in a 50 gal drum to burn trash which included several aerosol cans. This was during a state wide Governor's burn ban.) The cans exploded spreading the fire to dry grass. He tried putting it out with a hose but eventually had to call the volunteer FD. (I wasn't home or I would have helped extinguish it.) the fire burned 20 acres on my place and nearly that much on neighbor to east (member of volunteer FD.)

Now our pine forest was down to two trees and one of those got scorched pretty good. Now I am down to a 1 tree forest. As predicted once the tree got big enough a deer rubbed up on it and scarred it pretty good. I fenced it in and dug a watering trench around it for more effective utilizing rain or the odd buckets of water I dump on it.

My forest is doing well but the one tree looks lonely.

I have ordered the Arbor Day seedlings a few times and none have ever survived. I transplanted about a dozen 4 ft high aromatic cedar AKA Eastern Red Cedar (actually juniper, juniperus virginii or something like that) and all but one is doing really great.

Here in Oklahoma you can buy some varieties from the state nursery at low prices.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #164  
"What's the Proper Temperature???"

There is no Proper Temperature. There are temperatures one can adapt to. No adaptation or capability to adapt = extinction.:)

Consider a world at the average temperature of the South Pole or the Mid Saharan Desert would we survive?:)

Why?

I think we all pretty much understand that to get the planets average temperature, we have to know what the temperature is all over the planet and then average out those numbers.

My question is what is the best average temperature for the planet? When we are told that because of global warming, the planet has warmed up half a degree, what does that mean? Are we too hot? Are we getting close to perfect? Is this good or is this bad? WHY!!!!!!

Instead, we get off the charge predictions on how terrible everything is going to be, and when that doesn't happen, we are called Ludites and told that we're too dumb to understand why this is so terrible, and that bad things are going to happen to us in the future, or maybe our kids future, or in a hundred years, or ...

All I have is one simple question. What is the best temperature for the planet?

Eddie

/ Global Warming? #165  
There may be a temperature range in which Humans can survive but that does not mean it is the best world temperature.:thumbsup:

Life around a Black Smoker would surely disagree with the human conditions.:)

/ Global Warming? #166  
We planted 14 pine seedlings. Soon there were 3. Then an idiot neighbor started a fire in a 50 gal drum to burn trash which included several aerosol cans. This was during a state wide Governor's burn ban.) The cans exploded spreading the fire to dry grass. He tried putting it out with a hose but eventually had to call the volunteer FD. (I wasn't home or I would have helped extinguish it.) the fire burned 20 acres on my place and nearly that much on neighbor to east (member of volunteer FD.)

Now our pine forest was down to two trees and one of those got scorched pretty good. Now I am down to a 1 tree forest. As predicted once the tree got big enough a deer rubbed up on it and scarred it pretty good. I fenced it in and dug a watering trench around it for more effective utilizing rain or the odd buckets of water I dump on it.

My forest is doing well but the one tree looks lonely.

I have ordered the Arbor Day seedlings a few times and none have ever survived. I transplanted about a dozen 4 ft high aromatic cedar AKA Eastern Red Cedar (actually juniper, juniperus virginii or something like that) and all but one is doing really great.

Here in Oklahoma you can buy some varieties from the state nursery at low prices.

Pat
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
It only makes it worse when it is the result of the actions of someone elses neglect and stupidity, as it could have easily been prevented.

My conditions are much different than yours as I have trees volunteering that have to be pulled up, completely different growing season and conditions, but I try to stay with the native plants. I've wasted too much time and money trying to duplicate soil and growing conditions that just do not exist here. To spend years getting a tree established and doing fine only to die because of unexpected weather conditions, disease or pests is a big waste of time and money and very disappointing.
Southern red Cedar does very well here. I have good luck relocating native plants that I acquire from other properties nearby.
Do you have any native trees growing in the immediate vicinity?
Are you living
" where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet"
.......you get the idea:laughing:

/ Global Warming? #167  
All I have is one simple question. What is the best temperature for the planet?

Eddie
The answer is:
a predictable one

The temperature change is an issue as it relates to climate, weather and the environment. More specifically, if the climate changes faster than the plants and animals can adapt.....that bad for us. Me and you.
You live in Texas, a place where agriculture is deeply rooted in the fabric of the culture and the economy. Look what happened last summer.
If that continues then that's when climate change begins to affect us. Events like these are happening more frequently all over the globe. When it begins to affect agriculture (climate change), and happens at a rate faster than the flora and fauna and mankind can adapt....that's the problem.
Understand that I have not mentioned a cause for this, nor did I mention a preventive measure. We have another thread for that. Everybody knows where it is.

/ Global Warming? #168  
Contrary to the opinion of some Ludites there are some scientists doing real research into climate change. Scientists who are not prostitutes for their money source.

Carbon dioxide is 'driving fish crazy'
Posted: 20 Jan 2012 03:42 PM PST
Rising human carbon dioxide emissions may be affecting the brains and central nervous system of sea fishes with serious consequences for their survival, an international scientific team has found. Carbon dioxide concentrations predicted to occur in the ocean by the end of this century will interfere with fishes' ability to hear, smell, turn and evade predators, says a professor.
Science News Daily
Pat
Yes! ... And as another large component of CO2 sequestration - How many billion cords of carbon rich material is currently in use? ... An artificial stasis, and bound to skew any conclusion if not accounted for.
larry

/ Global Warming? #169  
al-gore-climate-change-climate-change-political-poster-1291731410.jpg

gorechurch.jpg

AlGore.jpg

al-gore_global-warming-fraud.jpg

/ Global Warming? #170  
this guy has made millions trying to convence people world wide that thr big lie is truth there is no such a thing as global warming it is a pure hoax invented to spread wealth to countrys who cannot suport them selves and that has been proven by all the documents that were thought to be destoryed but were not and were found and published.they lied about how the temps increased and the tree's and then 6 of the sientist resign after they were caught lieing. what more proof do you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.