Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #201  
Oh Yeah, I forgot one thing about the article. It failed to mention what the water temp in the ocean is supposed to be. If it's warmed up, is it supposed to be warmer? Colder? Which is better? What happens if the ocean temp cools? Are we at the perfect temp right now?

Man Made Global Warming is so silly that I sometimes wonder if those who say they believe are just being stuborn and not wanting to admit that they where fooled.

Eddie

/ Global Warming? #202  
What gets me is if this is a global issue than why in the **** do our politicians see it as our responsibility to save the world. I remember a few years back they were saying something all developed countries need to reduce their carbon output (ie. US and western Europe) and developing countries such as China and India (10% annual growth I would say they can easily fall in the developed category) can proceed without restriction. To me this seems like an example of finding out feces causes dysentery so you move your livestock but continue to let your neighbor s**t in the stream.

I know people always make the claim we have to be the example to the world. For the most part the only thing other countries like about us is our $$$$. Except for a few countries such as Canada, Australia, and the EU pretty much the rest of the world could care less about global warming.
Good analogy. ... Ya cant make em do it. Maybe you can convince them. You seem to have named most of mature civilization as being concerned. I think there is concern worldwide, but the costs of comprehensive response is so daunting that everyone falls back to lack of certainty as an excuse. ... That actually amounts to self defense for developing nations - perhaps at the expense of the world. Well find out fairly soon.
larry

/ Global Warming? #203  
There is a lot to not know about man's impact on ourselves and surrounding environment. In this world of commercialization and monetization of any process or product for profit, we have every right to doubt the intentions of both sides.

/ Global Warming? #204  
Seemed like an article about the oceans might be warming based on man made global warming and that they need more money to study the effects of the warming water temperatures because of man made global warming. Then some pathetic plea to save the creatures living in the ocean that are or might be dying because of the warmer water temps.
/QUOTE

Read it again and still can't find any reference to "Man Made Global Warming"

or saving "Pathetic Creatures":)

/ Global Warming? #205  
Seemed like an article about the oceans might be warming based on man made global warming and that they need more money to study the effects of the warming water temperatures because of man made global warming. Then some pathetic plea to save the creatures living in the ocean that are or might be dying because of the warmer water temps.
Read it again and still can't find any reference to "Man Made Global Warming"

or saving "Pathetic Creatures":)
here it is:

"However, a large portion of the carbon emitted from human activities ends up in the oceans, which with both their mass of water and biological processes act as a huge buffer against climate change. These are extremely important issues."
...larry

/ Global Warming? #206  
Yes Larry, there is that statement about carbon release but it does not indicate that this is the cause of Global Warming. :)

Creatures living on Earth have changed our climate. This led them to extinction and allowed us to live.:)

/ Global Warming? #207  
Global sea level rise: NASA mission takes stock of Earth's melting land ice

Posted: 09 Feb 2012 07:05 AM PST

In the first comprehensive satellite study of its kind, researchers have used NASA data to calculate how much Earth's melting land ice is adding to global sea level rise. Using satellite measurements from the NASA/German Aerospace Center Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE), the researchers measured ice loss in all of Earth's land ice between 2003 and 2010, with particular emphasis on glaciers and ice caps outside of Greenland and Antarctica. The total global ice mass lost from Greenland, Antarctica and Earth's glaciers and ice caps during the study period was about 4.3 trillion tons (1,000 cubic miles), adding about 0.5 inches (12 millimeters) to global sea level. That's enough ice to cover the United States 1.5 feet (0.5 meters) deep.

For full read ==>

http://www.sciencedaily.com/release...ciencedaily/top_news+(ScienceDaily:+Top+News)

/ Global Warming? #209  
I wonder how any of the scientist-****** managed to clandestinely and surreptitiously engage the various seed companies to effect this "BIG LIE" on seed purchasers. Changing horticultural zones indeed! Harumph!!! It is a conspiracy I tell you!!!!!!!!!

Those ****** ******* ought to have their ******** **** until the cows come home.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #210  
THe USDA change to their map is interesting, but I find it even more interesting how angry some people are about it.

What does this tell us? That the USDA feels that we have longer growing periods? That they feel the planet is warming? Since NASA just came out with their study that the planet hasn't warmed in 15 years, is it possible that this is either very late in happening or politically motivated?

Of course, the most important question is if the weather is natural or caused by human activity on the planet. When Global Cooling was happening in the 70's, it was blamed on farming. All that dust in the atmostphere was blocking the sun and causing the planet to cool to the point that we migh have another ice age.

Which is better? a warm planet or a cold one?

Do we want to warm up the planet and have more farming, or cool the planet and have more snow?

Why do so many of you want to cool the planet and hurt gardning?

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.