Page 211 of 312 FirstFirst ... 111161201208209210211212213214221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3118
  1. #2101
    Gold Member locknut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    457
    Location
    Greensburg Indiana

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by turnkey4099 View Post
    And show a _very_ unusually fast rate - a FACT you keep trying to ignore.

    Harry K
    Would you get with the program and stop repeating this Warmista diatribe?

    Seems ole Jimmy Hansen at NASA has been using his "rubber ruler" tricks again,changing the entire temperature record database to show a steeper rise since 1963 to keep the "scare" alive.

    Blog: NASA's Rubber Ruler

    Blog: NASA's Rubber Ruler Scandal

    I just love hammering Obots

  2. #2102
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,476
    Location
    SE Wa

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by toppop52 View Post
    Those previous facts were also brought to you by the top scientist of their day.
    No, they were brought to us by dawn age people trying to explain nature. Apparantly from your post you are against science correcting errors. This is part of the scientific method, exam and correct where needed as new information is found. Religion works backward. Never question or exam and make a corrections only when _forced_ to do so because their stance has become laughable.

    Harry K

  3. #2103
    Super Star Member toppop52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,388
    Location
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by turnkey4099 View Post
    No, they were brought to us by dawn age people trying to explain nature. Apparantly from your post you are against science correcting errors. This is part of the scientific method, exam and correct where needed as new information is found. Religion works backward. Never question or exam and make a corrections only when _forced_ to do so because their stance has become laughable.

    Harry K
    Just when I thought a more ignorant conclusion drawn from fact, could not be posted, you fooled me!
    Where do you get "dawn age" from, these weren't Neanderthals, The scientists before Copernicus were working with the best tools and knowledge of their day, same as they are today. The scientists of the future will laugh at many conclusions of today's science. If you are fool enough to believe we are at some peak of possible scientific knowledge, perhaps you could be the next president of The Flat Earth Society.
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

  4. #2104
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,199
    Location
    Me
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turnkey4099

    No, they were brought to us by dawn age people trying to explain nature. Apparantly from your post you are against science correcting errors. This is part of the scientific method, exam and correct where needed as new information is found. Religion works backward. Never question or exam and make a corrections only when _forced_ to do so because their stance has become laughable.

    Harry K
    Inaccurate representation.

    There are scientists who regard the Text as true, based upon scientific evidence. The Mt St Helens event provides a very real, recent, studied experiment... That presents great challenges to the assumption of TIME in your view.

    If the assumption of TIME is a miscalcultion in your view, all of your facts that involve TIME, are false.

    That is a true and very real inconvenient truth.

    So, you mock it.

    If you truly understand that science can miss something, you would look at all information. Science is knowledge. If you ignore information, you lack knowledge. Thus you negate science.

    By your own words, you should be reluctant to take a dogmatic view based solely upon the limited understanding of science you possess, as the current view may be proven false in the future.

    That is inconvenient with the direction those of your view want the human race to go. So you mock any science that contradicts your dogma. And you label it religious, because you assume anything connected to religion is automatically false.

    There is no science in your approach.

    You mock what you don't like and don't understand.

    You are dogmatic about what you believe.

    Your approach, based upon your belief... Puts you in the category that you seem to hate. You hate that someone would shut out knowledge based upon a preset belief...and that they would refuse to look at information that contradicts their dogma. That, sir, is a description...of yourself.
    Last edited by madmax12; 09-28-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs


    “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

    My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

    t

  5. #2105
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    16,708
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax12

    Inaccurate representation.

    There are scientists who regard the Text as true, based upon scientific evidence. The Mt St Helens event provides a very real, recent, studied experiment... That presents great challenges to the assumption of TIME in your view.

    If the assumption of TIME is a miscalcultion in your view, all of your facts that involve TIME, are false.

    That is a true and very real inconvenient truth.

    So, you mock it.

    If you truly understand that science can miss something, you would look at all information. Science is knowledge. If you ignore information, you lack knowledge. Thus you negate science.

    By your own words, you should be reluctant to take a dogmatic view based solely upon the limited understanding of science you possess, as the current view may be proven false in the future.

    That is inconvenient with the direction those of your view want the human race to go. So you mock any science that contradicts your dogma. And you label it religious, because you assume anything connected to religion is automatically false.

    There is no science in your approach.

    You mock what you don't like and don't understand.

    You are dogmatic about what you believe.

    Your approach, based upon your belief... Puts you in the category that you seem to hate. You hate that someone would shut out knowledge based upon a preset belief...and that they would refuse to look at information that contradicts their dogma. That, sir, is a description...of yourself.
    With all due respect, the example of the "Mt Saint Helen's" experience you keep referencing is not remotely an example of hypothesis driven, evidence tested, experimental science. Where is the work published with supportive data and methods available for critical review? What do other scientists in the field say about his hypothesis and whether the data support his theory?

    I watched the video. It is a blatant example of someone trying to find an example that fits his creationist theory and then concluding his theory is correct. It is not in any way experimental science.

  6. #2106
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,199
    Location
    Me
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    With all due respect, the example of the "Mt Saint Helen's" experience you keep referencing is not remotely an example of hypothesis driven, evidence tested, experimental science. Where is the work published with supportive data and methods available for critical review? What do other scientists in the field say about his hypothesis and whether the data support his theory?

    I watched the video. It is a blatant example of someone trying to find an example that fits his creationist theory and then concluding his theory is correct. It is not in any way experimental science.
    When you say you watched the video, do you mean the 2 minute youtube commercial?

    Or do you mean you have actually watched his full video presentation?
    Last edited by madmax12; 09-28-2012 at 11:55 AM.

  7. #2107
    Super Star Member Egon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    18,117
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by toppop52 View Post
    Just when I thought a more ignorant conclusion drawn from fact, could not be posted, you fooled me!
    Where do you get "dawn age" from, these weren't Neanderthals, The scientists before Copernicus were working with the best tools and knowledge of their day, same as they are today. The scientists of the future will laugh at many conclusions of today's science. If you are fool enough to believe we are at some peak of possible scientific knowledge, perhaps you could be the next president of The Flat Earth
    Society.
    Please, let's not knock the Neanderthal's.! Many of us have Neanderthal Genes present!

    Also note that the Scientist of this moment are all at the peak of their scientific knowledge.

    Anybody know how Noah got all those animals and food into the Ark?
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

  8. #2108
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,199
    Location
    Me
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Please, let's not knock the Neanderthal's.! Many of us have Neanderthal Genes present!

    Also note that the Scientist of this moment are all at the peak of their scientific knowledge.

    Anybody know how Noah got all those animals and food into the Ark?
    ALL knowledge about it? No.

    Thoughts:

    He had @ 100 years to get it done.

    And... it was really BIG.

    And, my limited understanding indicates he had help. Or, he was simply the instrument used, by the One accomplishing the task. Noah, was the lead helper. He wasn't entirely on his own.

  9. #2109
    Elite Member /pine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,902

    Default Just a reminder

    "science is the belief in the ignorance of experts"

    Richard Feynman
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

  10. #2110
    R.I.P.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Location
    North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

    Default Re: Global Warming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Anybody know how Noah got all those animals and food into the Ark?
    Why yes, I know. Thanks for asking.

    If an all-powerful God commanded me to repeat it, I'd show you first hand.

Page 211 of 312 FirstFirst ... 111161201208209210211212213214221261311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.