Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,122  
(ALL knowledge about it? No.)

Read the statement again.:eek:

I know we disagree, and you question whether I have any intelligence whatsoever, so I'm leaving myself wide open here...but...

What is it you think I missed?

/ Global Warming? #2,123  
some how i doubt that a cubit was the actual unit of measure, remember the bible koran and Tanakh were all translated from ancient text and were done so that the people of the day could understand.

/ Global Warming? #2,124  
I know we disagree, and you question whether I have any intelligence whatsoever, so I'm leaving myself wide open here...but...

What is it you think I missed?

Right at this moment every scientist is at the peak of his own disciple knowledge. It does not mean that he knows everything that is or will be known about his discipline.:D

/ Global Warming? #2,125  
Right at this moment every scientist is at the peak of his own disciple knowledge. It does not mean that he knows everything that is or will be known about his discipline.:D

That is what makes Richard Feynman's quote ("science is the belief in the ignorance of experts") so relevant...regardless of what some misguided buffoons think, believe or rely on.

/ Global Warming? #2,126  
some how i doubt that a cubit was the actual unit of measure, remember the bible koran and Tanakh were all translated from ancient text and were done so that the people of the day could understand.

...Translations from ancient texts...consider modern history books...They are no more accurate than the typical "eye witness"...of which you will get a multitude of differing accounts of the same event...

/ Global Warming? #2,127  
that is very true, recently I watched a show on PBS about the reporters during the civil war. It showed how the original drawings were changed to make the public see the war differently, more in a positive light. Funny news is the same today not much fact just a twisted pile of crap

/ Global Warming? #2,128  
that is very true, recently I watched a show on PBS about the reporters during the civil war. It showed how the original drawings were changed to make the public see the war differently, more in a positive light. Funny news is the same today not much fact just a twisted pile of crap

Exactly...There is a show that airs on DSC or one one of the other cable channels that makes a point of "recounting what transpired"...a group of individuals were outfitted with helmet cameras to record what the individuals were actually seeing...they were led through a course/trail...that was deliberately set up to make the point...
...After 30 days the same individuals were debriefed on what they "had seen"...the difference between on what they "remembered seeing" and what the cameras recorded were so diverse it borders on absurd...and what if any "recorded history" is based on anything but "eye witness" accounts or those that have been related post hence...?

You make a good point about "news"...even in this day and age...initial news reports are often 180 degrees from what actually transpired...

/ Global Warming? #2,129  
Egon said:
Please, let's not knock the Neanderthal's.! Many of us have Neanderthal Genes present!:shocked:

Also note that the Scientist of this moment are all at the peak of their scientific knowledge.:cool2:

Anybody know how Noah got all those animals and food into the Ark?:thumbsup:

Did I speak of Noah? Don't think so.

The scientists before Copernicus were also at the peak of their fields and knowledge.

Many of us have a Mongolian Spot as well....

/ Global Warming? #2,130  
IslandTractor said:
And that folks is an example of faith based reasoning that leads nowhere. It provides no way forward, is untestable, and leaves us at the mercy of those who make a literal interpretation of one old book. The ayatollahs would agree completely with your response but point out that the Quran has provided additional mandatory rules from on high that supersede the Old and New Testaments.

Such a kill all the infidels....

Status
Not open for further replies.